Finally pulled the trigger

/ Finally pulled the trigger #1  

Lowcountry17

Tractor
JD 5065E
Took delivery of a JD 5065E, MFWD, Power-reverser trans, 553 loader, and MX6 bushhog. Spent about six hours on it this weekend---what a tractor!

One question about the MX6. It is Cat 1, so I'm using bushings since the 5065 3 point hitch is Cat 2. The bushing the dealer provided me for the center link attach point is only as wide as the end of the center link (about an inch and a half), while the gap between the two holes at the top of the cutter hitch is three inches. Shouldn't the bushing take up the whole space between the top of the cutter hitch? It works as is, but I think there's more strain on the top link to the cutter because that short bushing can slide around on the pin. I looked at tractor supply (dealer was closed) but they didn't have any bushings that were three inches.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #2  
My MX6 had that same bushing. I just used it for a couple of years without any issues. I traded in my MX 6 later for a 8 footer when I went up in tractor power. MX 6 sure did mow pretty for a cutter.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #3  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #4  
COngrats on the new tractor! Do you have any pictures?

What made you upgrade from your Kubota 4200? (assuming you aren't keeping it?)

Was your kubota HST?

Do you notice the size to be a big difference when it comes to maneuverability?

/ Finally pulled the trigger #5  
Forgot to ask,
What is the weight of this unit?

/ Finally pulled the trigger #7  
Congrats! Sounds like you have a nice setup.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #8  
You can use washers to keep the bushing centered. JD offers a cat 2 conversion for the side pins. My dealer said they would change it before delivery- They didn't and I have to use bushings as well. I have an mx-6. As stuff gets older we typically just stop using the bushings and it hasn't caused any problems. My 5045 and mx6 are less than a year old so I still use the bushings but it's a PIA.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #9  
Tractor supply sells the cat 2 side pin upgrade as well. 7 bucks a side I think.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #10  
Tractor supply sells the cat 2 side pin upgrade as well. 7 bucks a side I think.

They do and I have purchased them. They are not compatible with the mx-6. The side pin on the mx-6 is significantly different from the tractor supply conversion pins.