Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5 #1  

Sampey01

Tractor
John Deere/5065E
Does anyone know the max load on a Big Tex 14GN-28+5? Their site states it's GVWR is 15,900# and GAWR is 7000# each axle. Trailer weight is 5340#, so if you subject that from 15,900# you get 10,560". Give me only 10,560# to carry on trailer. Is this correct?
Thanks

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5 #2  
That is correct; GVWR minus the curb weight of the trailer

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5
I have another question. How does single tandems handle compared to daul tandems?

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5 #4  
I use mine primarily for hay hauling an it works fine. Just make sure you don't over load it as the tires won't handle much extra weight. I found out the hard way when I didn't realize I was overweight by a couple of pounds:) and I was on a washboard road. Lost 2 tires over 2 trips one day after another. Luckily no damage.

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5 #5  
i have a 14k single tandem trailer. i haul hay and tractors and vehicles on it weekly.

as stated. don't grossly overload it.. and like most things.. keep eye on tires, brakes and pressures.. and you should be good to go.

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5 #7  
Good looking set up. Sometimes I wish I would have went with a 25+5 instead of the 20+5 but it has served me well so far.

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5 #8  
I wouldn't mind another 5 bigger myself

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5 #9  
I haul my tractor that weighs roughly 8800 lbs plus the weight of the trailer. I have a 20 footer with a 5 foot dove tail. The other thing to consider is where you put the load on the trailer. If you have a dually pickup, then you can put more weight on the truck and a little less on the trailer, if you have a single wheel pickup, then you will want it more balanced. Keep good fresh tires on the trailer and keep them aired to 75 to 80 psi, and that is as good as you will get for these trailers. My avatar shows my setup..

/ Max Load on a Big Tex 14GN 28+5
I will keep this trailer until I buy a 12' or 15' bat wing finishing mower and 15' bat wing bushhog.
wmonroe- Thanks
JD- I run 75 psi in the tires and try to keep it balanced on the trailer.