JD 3 series E vs R

/ JD 3 series E vs R #1  

tooln

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE-HST
I don't post here often but do check in now and then. I am looking at the possibility of getting a CUT within the next year. Leaning towards something in the 3 series very possibly a 3038. Can someone tell me the difference in an E or R within the 3 series. Thanks

/ JD 3 series E vs R #2  
R series are deluxe tractors and are waaaay more tractor than the e series economy machines. They are completely different machines. Both have their place and are good tractors, but not even close to being the same other than the JD Green paint. ;)

/ JD 3 series E vs R #3  
E is economy. They build em cheap with minimal features to compete mostly on price. Not bad tractors, just sacrifice fancier stuff for a price point.

/ JD 3 series E vs R #4  
I do not believe the E series has optional mid PTO.

/ JD 3 series E vs R #6  
R series are deluxe tractors and are waaaay more tractor than the e series economy machines. They are completely different machines. Both have their place and are good tractors, but not even close to being the same other than the JD Green paint. ;)

Opening an old wound here. Are the castings different (metals, thickness, beefiness, etc)? Or is it completely trim level?

/ JD 3 series E vs R #7  
Opening an old wound here. Are the castings different (metals, thickness, beefiness, etc)? Or is it completely trim level?
An example would be your 3032e. It has only a 2 speed HST and that casting is aluminum. The R model has a 3sp HST and is cast iron.

That is only one comparison, there are many others, all depends on what models you want to compare. I do not personally know all the differences, just that there are quite a few.

/ JD 3 series E vs R #8  
Unless there is a huge price difference you'll be happier with the "R" model.

/ JD 3 series E vs R #9  
You will find all the differences on the John Deere website. A few that I am aware of, 1) loader removable on one, permanent on the other 2) three speed ranges vs two 3) differences in weight lifting capacity both loader and three point 4) weight difference in tractor itself 5) ehydo vs mechanical 6) center pto option on one not on the other

/ JD 3 series E vs R #10  
The R models have split brakes while the E models have one brake pedal. The R models have the Ehydro with 3 ranges and am accurate cruise control. The E series have the two range transmission and a pedal lock for cruise.