Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ?

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ? #1  

bigcut

Silver Member
Tractor
Garden Tractor
JD Owners,
I noticed that the Kubota owners just rave about Barlows in terms of pricing, responsiveness, integrity, and ease of doing business with.

I was curious if, in your opinion, there are any JD Dealers who, in your experience that fit the profile of Barlows ?

Anyone care to offer opinions and please include your favorable experience with examples.
John

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ? #2  
My Dealer is very good, but his service area is local. It seems Deere has so many dealers they don't cross much into big, regional or national Dealer model like Kubota & other brands do.

Deere is first & foremost a farm tractor & implement company, so that is the market they want covered first. Then the Lawn & Garden stuff. So I'm not aware of any super-dealers for Deere, though Mutton Equipment is a TBN site sponsor.

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ? #4  
Don't believe everything you read about Barlow's. I've tried to give them my business twice and am still waiting on them to get back in touch with me. Not impressed at all with them, I don't care what kind of deals or treatment other people got from them when I can't even get a reply to an email or a returned phone call.

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ?
IH,
Thanks for the post...what is a volume 4 Dealer ? What does it mean ?
Thanks,
John

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ? #6  
Don't believe everything you read about Barlow's. I've tried to give them my business twice and am still waiting on them to get back in touch with me. Not impressed at all with them, I don't care what kind of deals or treatment other people got from them when I can't even get a reply to an email or a returned phone call.

I've had this same response from Mutton's. I emailed them several times looking for quotes and not a one reply.

Matt

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ? #7  
My Dealer is very good, but his service area is local. It seems Deere has so many dealers they don't cross much into big, regional or national Dealer model like Kubota & other brands do.

Deere is first & foremost a farm tractor & implement company, so that is the market they want covered first. Then the Lawn & Garden stuff. So I'm not aware of any super-dealers for Deere, though Mutton Equipment is a TBN site sponsor.

All they have here are Mega Dealers.. Not a one stand alone dealer in the NE Ohio area.

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ? #8  
The old large dealerships are the best. They havnt yet succumbed to the "condoned" degradation in performance margin inherent in the newer equipment.
larry

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ? #9  
4 large dealer network John. Give them a call. I also talked with Barlow's once. He beat my local Kubota dealer by only $100 on a BX2660 with 54" deck.

/ Best John Deere Dealer: Do They Exist ? #10  
Even though I now own Kubota there are two family owned dealerships I deal with - Kubota mainly, but also JD. I've had exceptionally fine dealings with both. The JD dealer is MUCH closer and I'd probably be GREEN if they would have been local in 2009 when I purchased my new tractor.

I was truly amazed the first time I went to the local JD dealership. Knowing that I have a Kubota - they still treat me like I bought one of their JD's. I purchase small stuff - batteries, clips, etc from the JD dealer and implements, filters etc from the Kubota dealer - sort of spread the wealth.

IMHO a lot of this has to do with a family owned business - both have been in business for over 65 years - and the fact that both business's were started by families that were local farmers. Here everybody who farms knows all the others who farm and nobody is out to screw anybody - at least, not so and expect to stay in business long.