318 lawn tractor, snowplow, mower deck worth?

/ 318 lawn tractor, snowplow, mower deck worth? #1  

tnak

A Kubota BX25D followed me home a couple of weeks ago. I left food on the back porch for it and now it won't leave.

I was going to park the 318 in the front yard with a sign on it, but it appears the 318 has a bit of a cult following. I've a friend who has a hotshot truck so delivery might be possible within a 150-200 mile radius of zip code 18848; waiting on him to call me back with a price for that.

Year unk. ID # == M00318X116335
Hours 1704.8

Plow SN == M005X506250

Mower deck: Don't know yet, I have to dig it out of the shed.

The engine runs as if the choke is on. We had the carb rebuilt spring of 2013 but it started doing this late last winter. The engine smooths out when it's got a load on it; i.e. pushing a bunch of snow. It got me through the winter but was annoying. I've not used this to mow since 2008. (Bad Boy ZT)

It was purchased ~2001 used from the local JD dealer Rolling Acres, Wysox, Pa. which is now defunct.

Other than the motor running like crap: plow hydraulics are still good. put new hoses on it last winter and used it mid-summer to push some dirt around. Mower deck was working when I pulled it; no reason to think it won't still work.

Extras: rear wheel weights and chains. I think there's an extra set of blades.

I can get pics and video/audio tomorrow.

/ 318 lawn tractor, snowplow, mower deck worth? #3  
Hiya,

With all due respect to the people at Messick's, those figures seem a bit low. Currently in my area, 4 way plow setups for the 300 series are selling for between 400 to 700 depending on condition, 46" decks bring between 200 and 300, and tractors are averaging about 1200 and up depending on hours and condition. Now I realize that pricing is variable by location and that they made a million of these but I would think that you should be able to get between 900 and 1200 for it. The hours on the Onan and the running condition are going to be the major turnoff for buyers driving the price down. You may want to invest some $ in taking it to get serviced and see if they can get the rough running sorted out. I will say though with the hours on it, a common problem is running on one cylinder as the other has low compression, which has exactly the same symptoms you describe. A good running example with the deck and plow would fetch between 1200 and 1600 in my area.

The 318's that are still getting good money are the ones with under 800 hours and in particular, original condition ones around 600 are getting very scarce and bringing even more money. 600 hours at this point is about 20 hours per year of use, much under that and you should start thinking the hour meter has been replaced or the machine has sat unused for most of it's life which has it's issues as well.

Tom

Last edited:
   / 318 lawn tractor, snowplow, mower deck worth? #4  
Both seem low. Running mower and a hydraulic plow could be worth as much as 2500. The plow alone 500. The tractor and deck 1000. You can be hard pressed to pay less than a grand for a 318 that doesn't run if it looks good. I would give you 1000 now if I could get it easily and I would probably make 1000 after parts.

/ 318 lawn tractor, snowplow, mower deck worth? #5  
I sold a 1992 322 original condition with 636 hours, mower deck, model 49 snowthrower weights and chains for $2200 this fall.