Mid-size Johndeere

/ Mid-size Johndeere #1  

Tatefarms

Tractor
John Deere 7410 John Deere 5101 John Deere 4310 Ford 601 workmaster genie 5519 telehandler
I need some advice on model numbers. I need a four-wheel-drive loader tractor as small and light weight as possible , Cab or open station with the loader capable of picking up large round bales (2500#) and loading the top deck of an 18 wheeler. Right now we have a 7410, 6410,5101e all to big and 4310 to small . We had a 5210 and it would barely do all those jobs. So something similar or bigger will work.

/ Mid-size Johndeere #2  
I'm a little stumped.... I would recommend something along the lines of a big 5e series deere but you already own one. Anything less doesn't seem to me that it would be well suited to loading 2500lb bales. Curious to hear others thoughts...

/ Mid-size Johndeere #3  
It seems obvious to me that if a 50 some HP tractor would barely do what you need and 100 HP tractor with a larger frame was too big that something in the middle would work? :confused:

/ Mid-size Johndeere #4  
You already have a 7410. (with a loader?) Strip it of all extra weight ie no fluid in the tires. Use a grapple on the front and load two bales at a time. Put a fork on the rear and use a bale as a counter weight.

/ Mid-size Johndeere #5  
I've never seen a 2500 lb round bale. What are they? Is it haylage?
You're talking about lifting them pretty high too. You might have unrealistic expectations. It seems to me that you already have the proper machine. Can you explain why the 5E is too big for a 2500 lb bale?

/ Mid-size Johndeere #6  
You already have a 7410. (with a loader?) Strip it of all extra weight ie no fluid in the tires. Use a grapple on the front and load two bales at a time. Put a fork on the rear and use a bale as a counter weight.

What? Read what he said again.

/ Mid-size Johndeere #7  
Check out the 5e line. 45-75 hp with the h240 loader. In the middle between your 4 series and larger e series

Brett

/ Mid-size Johndeere #8  
I need some advice on model numbers. I need a four-wheel-drive loader tractor as small and light weight as possible , Cab or open station with the loader capable of picking up large round bales (2500#) and loading the top deck of an 18 wheeler. Right now we have a 7410, 6410,5101e all to big and 4310 to small . We had a 5210 and it would barely do all those jobs. So something similar or bigger will work.
Probably THE most confusing post I have seen . What are you trying to do ? Low clearance at the building ? 2500# bale will take a 10,000# tractor .And what is the top deck ?

/ Mid-size Johndeere #9  
What? Read what he said again.

Easy If you load 2500 lb bales two layers high on a semi with anything less than roughly that size of a tractor your stupid. Just my opinion. If you need small then buy a similar one without a cab. I'm assuming he wants to trailer the tractor hence less weight ie no fluid and a bale spear. If you need small to get into tight places than use the telehandler or make smaller bales.

/ Mid-size Johndeere #10  
I would think the 6410 is the smallest I would want for that ? Or make smaller more suitable bales and use a small tractor .