4310 Club membership application

/ 4310 Club membership application #1  

SteveH_CT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deere 4310
Hey All - I've been everywhere - I'm sure you've seen some of my posts - Bota, NH, Kioti, Cub, Century... on and on. I liked a few, but no matter which one I looked at, I was always trying to talk my self out of the Deere. Well I stopped trying... and bought one.

Around here we have 2 dealers that stand above the rest for all around service - the Deere dealer and the Kubota dealer. I looked at both one more time and I am absolutely positively thrilled that I'm getting a Deere 4310. My bouncing green baby is a eHydro with a 730 loader and a 48 backhoe. The FEL bucket has a replaceable edge - a good option for the work I'll be doing with it. I think one of the best parts is the dealer is very close by and picks up and delivers for free throughout the warranty period.

So send the application please... I would like to join the 4310 club! Seriously - Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice - This website and it's awesome members have helped a lot.

Thanks,

/ 4310 Club membership application #2  
Welcome aboard!!

I was the same way - once the Deere bug bit, it was over

You're sure to love that thing!

I went to a neighbors to get some hay today. He sure didn't think I'd pick up those bales! Nuthin to it! ('cept being REAL careful...)

/ 4310 Club membership application #3  
Congratulations! So, where are the pics? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 4310 Club membership application
Thanks - I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with it. My "Wife to be" and I were making plans already for jobs once things begin to melt around here.

Thank you - Pics will be here once it's delivered - I'm hoping next weekend. The dealer has to order the bucket for the FEL - it currently has one without the bolt on cutting edge.

I bought it at DH Marvin - I also got prices from Farmington Valley and MidState in Middletown. Everyone was very close in price. I thought Farmington Valley was a great shop - but they are about an hour from my house - DH Marvin is only about 10 minutes away and that swayed me towards them more than anything. They are very generous with delivery and pick-up for service - more so than any others around here. The Kioti dealer I went to could't deliver - they had to contract with someone and wanted to charge for it - that was the exception though. All the other dealers around here at least delivered for free when you bought it.

/ 4310 Club membership application #8  
What kind of prices did you get between Deere, Kioti and Kubota?

Don

Well I just happen to have them in a spreadsheet.

Kubota L3130 - $26600 & $26562
Kioti DK40 - $25099 - $25149 - $23350
Deere - $26500 range - all 3 dealers were within $100 of each other.
Unfortunately I tossed the price quote for the two NH's I looked at. (TC35D and TC33D) Nice tractors, but they were roughly $2000 more than the comparable Bota and Deere.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind all prices include the FEL - BH - Mid PTO, and in the case of the Deere I ended up buying I got a replaceable edge on the FEL and hooks welded on as well. If dealers didn't include delivery then I added the delivery fee into the price.

I'm curious to see if our local prices are higher than elsewhere in the country. The Deere dealer told me that the prices were all close for a reason. Apparently the prices are very standardized by region. Is this legal??? haha, I thought price fixing was getting into the gray area of legality. But on the other hand nobody is going to get a lot more off than others. I'm sure there are exceptions family, employees, etc. - but overall I got a desireable product for a fair price. Would I have liked it to be less... oh yeah. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take Care,

/ 4310 Club membership application #10  
Steve,
Congratulation on the new machine. But I'm kind of curious.
If the Kubota, Deere and NH tractors you were pricing were all in the 30 -35 HP range why did you only price Kioti in 40 HP ?
The DK 35 would have been closer in size and specs to the others you were pricing and cheaper than the DK 40.