JD Combine assembly on "Made in America" Sat Jan31

/ JD Combine assembly on "Made in America" Sat Jan31 #1  

mountain_man

Gold Member
Tractor
JD790
JD Combine assembly on \"Made in America\" Sat Jan31

One of my favorite new shows is on the Travel Channel - John Ratzenberger's "Made in America" . It showcases U.S. manufacturers and the people who make U.S. goods. They've already done Harley, Gibson, Craftsmen, Airstream, Gatorade, Spam, Louisville Slugger, Kelloggs, Crayola and many others.

Last Tuesday they did a segment on John Deere assembly of a combine - Travel Channel-John Deere. They even let John R. drive it! They will repeat the show on Sat., Jan. 31 at 3 p.m. ET

It is a very engaging show, gives some history, shows the manufacturing process and people directly involved with manufacturing. It's one of the few positive TV programs about America these days.

/ JD Combine assembly on "Made in America" Sat Jan31 #2  
Re: JD Combine assembly on \"Made in America\" Sat Jan31

Mountain man

Thanks for the info /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'll be waiting for it to come on Saturday

/ JD Combine assembly on "Made in America" Sat Jan31 #3  

I saw it, too. It was my introduction to "Made in America".

I really appreciated the little details that were used to tie the Craftsman / Deere / Kellogg's segments together. During the Craftsman segment, did you notice that they showed a Craftsman combination wrench being used by a mechanic to repair an old, two-cylinder JD? They also tied the John Deere combine to the harvest of corn which was used to produce Kellogg's cereals. Nice touch.

I don't watch much TV, but will keep an eye open for further episodes.

/ JD Combine assembly on "Made in America" Sat Jan31

Good eye noticing those details (I'll need to watch it again on Saturday). Next Tues is Jack Daniels...

/ JD Combine assembly on "Made in America" Sat Jan31 #5  

Darn...I just now read this (new to this forum) and was REALLY looking forward to the John Deere episode of "Made In America". I somehow missed it, and according to the link provided in a previous post it doesn't look as though it's coming back on anytime soon.