John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader #1  

RockyNY

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010CH
I'm going to be selling or trading my Mahindra and purchasing a new tractor, and I've narrowed it down to 3 make/models. Kioti NX4510CH, Massey Ferguson 1749 or John Deere 4044R. All three have similar specs. John Deere is currently the highest priced at $41,575, followed by Massey at $39,000 and Kioti at $35,360. I like the loader best on the John Deere, (superior lift height and reach) but other than that I'm really not sure if I could justify the extra $6k over the Kioti. John Deere does offer a far superior array of factory options. Does anyone here own the 4r series, I would like some input on the engines. I don't know too much about Yanmar, is it a good engine? Anything else I should know about the 4r series? I already understand all the Tier 4 stuff, not really too concerned about it.
The JD sales rep is coming out tomorrow to give me a trade in value. The Kioti dealer rep was here yesterday to look at my tractor, they haven't gotten back to me with an offer yet. I really don't have any brand loyalty, so it may come down to who can give me the best bang for the buck. I'm really tempted with JD's self leveling loader, the other brands don't offer that.

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader #2  
self level loaders are very nice imo, and have always felt the 400cx is a good heavy duty loader for compacts. As far as the Yanmar power plant is concerned they are a long life engine. Deere has used them for many decades in numerous applications with a very very low failure rate. And yanmar has been around for a long time, we even blew up a factory of theirs in WWII.

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader
The loaders in question would be H180NSL (non-self leveling) and H180MSL (mech self leveling). I've never owned a tractor with a self leveling loader, but I use the frequently use the tractor for loading & unloading freight, it sure would be handy for that. You do lose a few hundred pounds of lift capacity with the H180MSL (2,213 lbs vs 2,539)

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader #4  
What are your plans for the tractor? Have to have hst? At that price point you could in a 5E series deere. Your getting more tractor for the price imo. Just something to think about if you don't mind a power reverser transmission

Brett

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader
Have to have HST. That's my main reason for trading in the Mahindra (power shuttle). Second reason is for a cab. If the 5055e was available in CVT or HST, I would seriously consider it.

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader #6  
The loaders in question would be H180NSL (non-self leveling) and H180MSL (mech self leveling). I've never owned a tractor with a self leveling loader, but I use the frequently use the tractor for loading & unloading freight, it sure would be handy for that. You do lose a few hundred pounds of lift capacity with the H180MSL (2,213 lbs vs 2,539)

The MSL lifts more if you look at the lift spec 18" out from the pivot. The H180 has some nice improvements over the 400cx that it replaced. The 4R's have some nice hydraulic options too.
There are a couple people over on GTT that have them, if you want to ask about it over there.

The eHydro is a great hydro tranny...it's made in the USA right in Ames Iowa

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader #7  
Glad to hear you are going Green. My name is Shane and I run Mutton Power in Indiana. I have the best prices on tractors, nationwide, and I also deliver nationwide. If you would like a quote, I'd be happy to email you. You can PM me with details on the equipment if you are interested. Thank You

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader #8  
Glad to hear you are going Green. My name is Shane and I run Mutton Power in Indiana. I have the best prices on tractors, nationwide, and I also deliver nationwide. If you would like a quote, I'd be happy to email you. You can PM me with details on the equipment if you are interested. Thank You

I had the opportunity to test the 4044r cab yesterday... It was nice, seemed like good build quality and materials.

But I found the tractor to feel unstable and "tippy," and the cab was the most cramped cab I've ever sat in. I don't know that I could even take off and store my coat while inside it.

There were some things I did like about it, and if I was able to build my own "Frankenstein" tractor, I'd definitely take some things from the 40xx series.

But (Rocky) I definitely think that you got much more for the money with your NX6010.

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader #9  
I had the opportunity to test the 4044r cab yesterday... It was nice, seemed like good build quality and materials.

But I found the tractor to feel unstable and "tippy," and the cab was the most cramped cab I've ever sat in. I don't know that I could even take off and store my coat while inside it.

There were some things I did like about it, and if I was able to build my own "Frankenstein" tractor, I'd definitely take some things from the 40xx series.

But (Rocky) I definitely think that you got much more for the money with your NX6010.

I have to agree I am in the market now and I love john Deere products. That said I have alway had open station tractors and have added Curtis cabs to them. I truly want a factory cab tractor now and had my heart set on a 3039r or the 3046r cab tractor. I sat in one and now I am not sure.....the cab is so tight my leg even hits the bucket control lever, then I even sat in a 4066r and same thing the cab is real tight. I will say that the Quality Is second to non but then I sat in the Massey 1754 wow!!! The cab is amazing very roomy! I'm a big guy 6'1 220lbs and I need a little room Deere may not work for me which disappoints me, it's a very nice machine but the other thing I will agree on is I had a 3320 Deere it was an open startion and it felt very tippy that said I have to imagine the cab would feel even worse..... I'm not really sure what I should get I do like the 1700 series cab tractors a lot 1736,1742 & 1749.... I have almost 4 acres a 1000 foot driveway and need it to move baskets of firewood general maintenance and do some brush hogging.... Thoughts? 1736. Is probably enough just not sure if it has enough power.

/ John Deere 4044R Cab & Loader #10  
I have to agree I am in the market now and I love john Deere products. That said I have alway had open station tractors and have added Curtis cabs to them. I truly want a factory cab tractor now and had my heart set on a 3039r or the 3046r cab tractor. I sat in one and now I am not sure.....the cab is so tight my leg even hits the bucket control lever, then I even sat in a 4066r and same thing the cab is real tight. I will say that the Quality Is second to non but then I sat in the Massey 1754 wow!!! The cab is amazing very roomy! I'm a big guy 6'1 220lbs and I need a little room Deere may not work for me which disappoints me, it's a very nice machine but the other thing I will agree on is I had a 3320 Deere it was an open startion and it felt very tippy that said I have to imagine the cab would feel even worse..... I'm not really sure what I should get I do like the 1700 series cab tractors a lot 1736,1742 & 1749.... I have almost 4 acres a 1000 foot driveway and need it to move baskets of firewood general maintenance and do some brush hogging.... Thoughts? 1736. Is probably enough just not sure if it has enough power.

I love my Massey 1648. Very good, strong tractor. I would say that while the Massey plastics are more rugged, not as luxurious as some I mean, they are still high quality materials, as is the tractor as a whole... and I would rate them as good or better than any CUT on the market.

for your uses I would think the 1736 or 42 would be fine. But, one thing to keep in mind, if you decide to jump to the 1749 and up, you get a larger loader than comes on the 42 and down. The loader on the smaller machines is very good, and you might never need more strength than that, but it is something to consider. Otherwise, for your sized property and the work you described, I would think the 36 and 42 would be fine.