/ 4710 #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
I curently have a 4115, and it's a great tractor, but some what limited. I would like to trade it in and get a 4710. I was just wondering, what would be a good price for such a setup?

Dave /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 4710 #2  
I just took delivery of my 4710 last week. Going off the top of my head:

ehydro
dual mid and one rear SCV
R4's
iMatch hitch
auto style cruise
rear work light
6 front quick tatch 70 lbs weights

plus

460 FEL
level indicator
73" HD bucket with replaceable cutting edge
iMatch compatible ballast box w/ extension
bucket tines

plus

MX6 cutter

(I may be missing something here or there)

Got the package for 27K, or roughly 23-24% off retail. I bought from JD Equipment in London Ohio. My salesperson was Arin Severt. I didn't pay sales tax b/c I'm in Indiana, and he only charged $200 delivery. They routinely deliver tractors as far away as the east coast. They blew away my local dealers, so I chose to go with them rather than a local dealer. If buying from a local dealer is important to you, your probably a little more at their mercy. My local dealers would not budge off of their first quote even after I told them about the really good deal elsewhere.

Good luck to you, and hope this helps a little. It's a great tractor - can't wait to use it more.

Josh

/ 4710 #3  
Dave,

<font color="blue"> what would be a good price for such a setup?
</font>

This is a very difficult question to answer. It depends much upon the options you may want to order with that 4710....and the options are plenty. A good price, in simple terms, is if you can get at least a 15% discount off MSRP on the whole package. A great price is if you can talk the dealer down by 20% or more.

...Bob
JD4710

/ 4710 #4  
It's like buying a new car -- everyone has a story of getting a great price when they're buying a CUT straight up.
But when I have to trade in something, the deals ain't so hot. Dealers may give you the impression that they're going deep in discounting your new love, but then they don't give you anything for your tractor. And when you try to dicker, the only consideration they want to discuss is whether your unit is worth an extra 50 bucks or so.
Or so it seems to me. jim

/ 4710 #5  
I'd always recommend folks sell their used tractors privately, rather than trading it in to a dealer. Dealer will always low bid a trade in since they have to turn around and try to sell it themselves, hopefully, marked up for a profit. Good news is John Deere tractors, whatever model one is talking about, seem to have very good resale value provided nothing is wrong with them.

...Bob

/ 4710 #6  
Boiler,
I have narrowed my decision to a 4710 and have quotes from my local dealers. I would love to contact your salesperson and see what they can do for a price. My best quote is just under 28K but thats just with a FEL and an MX-6. It seems you got a whole lot more. Do you have a phone # or better yet an e-mail for those guys? I've been through the "Buy from the local guy, even if it's more money" discussions, but if the difference is alot more gear for thousands less then you have to be smart.

Thanks

A side note.......My ex-girlfriend had a keychain that played the Purdue fight song and she drove me CRAZY with that thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kevin

/ 4710 #7  
Kevin

Hi, If I am not mistaken boiler bought from Jd equipment in london ohio There number is 1-800 659-5646 ask for Arin. Good Luck Peter T

/ 4710 #8  
Peter
Thanks! I did an internet search and found their web-site and contact info. I'm certainly curious to see where they compare to my local dealer...it just seems like Boiler got a-hell-uva good deal with all the extra goodies listed. Thanks for the input.

Kevin

/ 4710 #9  
Kevin

Please keep us informed as to what they are able to do. Thanks

good luck PeterT

/ 4710 #10  
Sorry for not responding Kevin - I was out of the country. But it looks like you got the info you were seeking. I hope they can help you out. I know I'm happy with my deal, so hopefully you will be as well. My best quote locally was in the high 28 area.

Hope the fight song isn't the reason for the ex in front of girlfriend!!

Josh