Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #1  

Farmer495

Veteran Member
Tractor
CaseIH / MF / Kubota
Check out the 2015's with the oversized hood, tiny fenders and Tier IV DPF etc.

I had a new 5E on my short list, looks like that isn't an option any more.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #2  
Could you please explain how they ruined it, I have a 2012 5083e and am more than pleased with it. Are you looking at cab or open station, loader or no loader, how many acres are you using it on and what are you using it for. You can always get a good used one, we paid 40k with everything we wanted done to the tractor, it was a year old, 380 hours, cab, loader, and fwd.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series
3 cyl 5E,

I'm looking at ROPS fwa with loader, general farm use including 90 acres hay.

Ruination for me is Tier II to tier IV and the entire cosmetic redesign (hood, stack, fenders)

Compare a 2014 5075E to a 2015 5075E and you will see what I mean.

I haven't ruled out a 2014 or older 3 cyl 5E, just ruling out a brand new one.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #5  
3 cyl 5E,

I'm looking at ROPS fwa with loader, general farm use including 90 acres hay.

Ruination for me is Tier II to tier IV and the entire cosmetic redesign (hood, stack, fenders)

Compare a 2014 5075E to a 2015 5075E and you will see what I mean.

I haven't ruled out a 2014 or older 3 cyl 5E, just ruling out a brand new one.

Have you looked to see if any dealers near you still have any 2014 for sale, should be able to get one at a pretty good price.:thumbsup: Personally I like the look of the newer ones, do they take the def, I haven't really looked at them much because I may have write a check that won't go through. :laughing:

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #6  
I think they look fine with a cab, but without the cab the hood looks a little to tall. It's because the tier 4 junk is under the hood.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series
Have you looked to see if any dealers near you still have any 2014 for sale, should be able to get one at a pretty good price.:thumbsup: Personally I like the look of the newer ones, do they take the def, I haven't really looked at them much because I may have write a check that won't go through. :laughing:

No DEF

"The 5045E, 5055E, 5065E & 5075E Utility Tractors meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Final Tier 4 exhaust emissions regulations with a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC)/diesel particulate filter (DPF) system. Similar to the system on the 5M, the purpose of the DOC/DPF combination is to reduce toxic gases emitted from the exhaust, as well as to filter particulate matter to prevent it from becoming airborne.
As the tractor continues to operate over time, as is the case with any filter, the DPF will accumulate particulate matter and will need to be cleaned. It is cleaned through a process called regeneration. During a regeneration cycle, exhaust temperatures increase to burn off the excess particulate matter. On a John Deere 5 Series Tractor equipped with a DOC/DPF, the operator does not need to provide any input to trigger the regeneration process."

If I end up with a 5E, I'll look for a 2014 or older. I know some new ones can be had, but I'm in no hurry to buy.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #9  
I bought a 2014 5065e a month ago. Love the tractor so far. Getting one without the emissions was my main motivation for buying now. Dealer told me they would still be able to get non-tier iv final tractors until maybe the summer, but after then he expected them all to be gone. In the powerreverser model it was kind of hard to find already.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #10  
I haven't sat on any of the ones with new hoods yet. I wonder how loader visibility is with them? Looks like they went back to the old style rear fenders over the metal ones they had for years on this series. Wonder why that change? Easier to produce I guess.