Price Check 790 Good Price? (Western NY)

/ 790 Good Price? (Western NY) #1  

PartTimeFarm

I've been doing the research here and elsewhere and went to talk to the dealer today. I'm located in Western NY and here is the quote I got:

New 790 4x4
419 loader (no loaded tires or ballast box)
61 inch bucket
R1 Tires
Price $14,108

Additionally the salesman said that Deere has an additional incentive plan where if you buy 2 implements you get an additional $400 off. The FEL qualifies as one implement so if I purchase one more I get the additional 400 off. I was interested in a 5ft back blade (Frontier) price $350, or a 3pt finish mower (don't know manufacturer) for $1,800. So I would have to purchase one of those items now which I would purchase eventually and then the price goes down to $13,708. Based on what I have seen this seems pretty good. It is $1,200 lower than the quote I got on a comparable TC-30 (similar transmission etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help

/ 790 Good Price? (Western NY) #2  
A friend of mine paid more than that for a similar setup - The price sounds very reasonable to me. No Ballast or tire fill - that surprises me - My Deere loader came with the Ballast box. Maybe my dealer just threw it in, but either way I thought you needed some rear ballast if you plan to do some lifting with the FEL.

Good Luck with the purchase - I always hear great things about the 790 - it's got a great "Price per Pound" ratio.

/ 790 Good Price? (Western NY) #3  
Go with the minimum of a 72" back grader blade. The 790 will handle it easily and you will not regret getting the extra 12" of length. Sounds like a good price to me. Go test drive the 790. You will love it.

/ 790 Good Price? (Western NY) #4  
Part Time:

Your in the ball park, or should I say dancing all over it. About 6 mo's. ago I gave 14,100 for the same set up but my LX5 mower was also included in the price

790 4x4
419 loader
R4 tires
bucket level indicater
rear work light
LX5 mower
2 years free pick up and drop off at home when needed
$14,100

/ 790 Good Price? (Western NY) #5  
In CT at D H Marvin & Son Inc (860) 537-2344 , they seem to always throw in the ballast box with the loader. Ask the dealer if they will do it.