Price Check What is a good price for the new Gator?

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #1  

Eksel

Hello guys.

I am going to buy a John Deere Gator, and I do not know how flexible the dealers are with the prices. I think the new Gators are around $8,000 MSRP.

When I buy new cars, the dealerships will sell for their cost (invoice). Do Deere dealerships do this as well? I will probably be paying cash.

Thanks for any help!

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #2  
I doubt Deere dealers will sell for invoice, any more than car dealers do (yes, they want you to think they do, but get real -why would anyone do such a thing?). /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Decide what you want to pay for what you are going to get. Would you pay $10,000 for a gator if the dealer told you it was 5% under invoice? If $8K is more than you want to pay, then buy a cheaper one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #3  
The base price on the new gator is $8999. I doubt you would ever get invoice as it's different with tractors. There is no kickback from the dealers. A good deal is anywhere from 10-15% off, 15-20% is great, and anything above 20% off of list you are getting close to cost. I know on the new gators there are no special programs. Also being new you are going to have a harder time getting deals as the dealers around here can't keep them in stock right now.

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #4  
One of the dealers here had them for $7995. That was for the High Performance Gator 4X4.

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #5  
We sell them for $8,999 also.

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #6  
I would wait for a few months. The way the market is going things are going to get really competitive really fast. Everyone is comming out with new highend units and the market is going to be flooded with good trades. I bet I get a call about every three days with someone who wants to get rid of their gator for an RTV.

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #7  
What about the Gator CX? I was thinking about a golf cart to run around in and do some odd jobs. I like the quiet operation and you just get on and press the gas. Never thought of a gator because they are more heavy duty and expensive. The CX looks like it resembles a golf cart type vehicle? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #8  
Hopefully you will still have a big bunch of those used Gator's that you must get every week when my wife and I are ready to buy one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What is a good price for the new Gator? #9  
I just bought a new 4X2 Gator for $5399 during our local dealer's "John Deere Days" sale -- 'course then I added about $600 in options, bringing the price back up to about $6000. We don't need 4wd for our place, the 4x2 gets around just fine. On one steep slope, I just lock the differential, and it goes right up the hill fully loaded or empty (except for the driver /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

I believe the list price was $6299 and about $5500 for the CX model, but we wanted the larger weight capacity of the CS model.

Hope this helps.

Kip

Attachments

• 386825-112-1279_IMG.JPG
    386825-112-1279_IMG.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 307