Thanks to ALL

/ Thanks to ALL #1  

alaskanjdeere

Bronze Member
Tractor
SCOTTS 2554 & JD 4410, x744
I've been reading all your post for the last two years learning as much as possible. Well I finally took the plunge and into the deep end /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I bought me a JD4410, ehydro,mid pto,430 fel,48bh,tnt,imatch,frontier3pt finish mower,tiller and box blade /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.Only bad part is I have to wait till mid May to go pick up(kids in school) Local dealers price was out of this world ,and non negotiable($10,000 more) then your dealers.YOU See I live in ALASKA only one dealer. So I said honey how bout a family road trip to Missouri. Its only 3600 miles- one way- but I hear they have a water park. I thank you all again for all your wisdom and I hope to attach some photos in June when we get back.

/ Thanks to ALL #3  
Shawn, It's goin to be a great summer ! First your brain turns to mush making these tractor buying decisions, and then once you buy....the long wait kills you. Going that far to pick it up....wow. I thought 150 miles would be too far. When the load gets heavy here, I sometimes tell my wife I am just going up to Alaska to live, fish and hunt. One of these days I will come your way. Maybe you can take me fishing and show me your tractor. Of course, now that I bought the tractor, no money for trips! Well, a man has to get his priorities straight. Congratulations and enjoy.

happy plowing

sassafras

/ Thanks to ALL #4  
Shawn,

Congratulations on your new tractor, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You have to have the record for distance buying of a tractor, but you find it's worth the trip.

Enjoy the new toy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Thanks to ALL #5  
One dealer only in Alaska ? WOW
Are you going to get a cab for it ?
Post lots of Alaskan pictures wiith your new John Deere !!
Keep us posted on your trip etc.

/ Thanks to ALL #6  
Good choice! I went all the way to MO to get mine too! Course it was no further than my "local" dealer...

I usually say buy local, but for $10K, you did the right thing! If you have ANY service issues, be sure to ask here, we will be glad to help!

Which dealer in MO?

We recently had a cold weather fit, hovered in the single digits. I know that's not even cold, but I was impressed how easily mine started. I had forgotten about the preheater, but it started right up every time without it...

/ Thanks to ALL #7  
Congratulations! That IS a long way! Don't forget to post pics when you get it!

/ Thanks to ALL #8  
We recently had a cold weather fit, hovered in the single digits. I know that's not even cold,

Hey Mike - single digits is dam cold to me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'll take 70's and 80's all year long.

/ Thanks to ALL #9  
You have to be KIDDING.....how can anyone lurk around TBN for two years before joining, I thought I was bad because I waited two months on the fringes before signing up. Congratulations and I hope the information you learned here helped you decide that the best tractors are the GREEN ones.

My wife and I went on a cruise through the inside passage of Alaska last fall, we docked in several cities and I never even thought there might be a JD dealer somewhere around. ONE dealer in the entire state....makes it hard to compare prices at various dealerships, and no wonder they quoted you such a high markup.

Wherever you bought the package from, you sure made the salesguys day once he added up all the goodies on your want list. I am hopeful you can get some kind of sales tax exemption on your tractor package, from what I remember Alaska has a really steep one, but I could be wrong.

Keep us posted on what is happening, and welcome to TBN.

Bill

/ Thanks to ALL #10  
Welcome to TBN. I spent two great years in Alaska at Fort Wainwright from 1970 to 1972. I know what you mean about the prices of things up there. It really made me appreciate the prices in the Lower 48 when I left.

Alaska is a place that gets in your soul and never leaves. Have been back once in 1995 for three weeks. Hope to go back again in a few years.