4310 vs TC33DA

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #1  

fluffyone

Bronze Member
OK Guys, had my mind made up to buy a JD4310. But I drove up to see my dad today and he and I went and looked at a New Holland TC33DA. And I loved it, he knows the dealer real well and I was treated great.

Here is my price
TC33DA 15900
Loader 3800
6' belly mower 2600
Now my questons
First is this a good price
Next he has some of last year models, are the new ones any different? what would be a good discount to buy last years?
Also do you like the double or single foot pedal?

Also last and not sure on this one. the JD and Kubota will lift about 500 pounds more than the NH on the 3 point hitch. The dealer had last years specs and did know if that was true on the DA. Also the JD is a little heavier.

Please help? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #2  
"Also last and not sure on this one. the JD and Kubota will lift about 500 pounds more than the NH on the 3 point hitch."

What do you plan on lifting with the 3PH? Does the heaviest implement or load you plan to pick up weigh more then the TC33's capacity?
This may be a non-issue when you think about it.

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #3  
fluffy . . . a couple things to consider:

First, check how they measure the lift capacity on the 3pt. Some companies measure it at the ball ends and others measure it at 12" or 24" behind the ball ends.

Second, it is not unusual to have a 3pt that has the capacity to lift the front of the tractor off the ground, so, you could theoretically hook up to something heavier than you'd actually be able to transport. At some point the specifications they put on paper are useless in the real world.

As for pricing, I just looked on Ebay and Corriher's (which is a sponsor of TBN) has a TC33D 4wd, hydrostatic trans, SuperSteer and the NH 7308 loader for $17,200. I think the "D" model is from 2003 and the "DA" is a 2004 model? Add shipping to that price for a fair cost comparison with your dealer.

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #4  
I prefer the dual pedal. I am not extremely familiar with the independent brake location on the TC33DA. If you do not use, or never will use independent brakes the pedal style makes no difference. I ergonomically am not built to function as the New Holland and Kubota design groups think. If you intend to use independent brakes first try to use them on a hydrostatic Deere and New Holland. The New Holland TC24 has the same ergonomic problem. The independent brakes and the hydrostatic control pedals are on the same side. My 655 Deere and their 55 Series has the independent brakes on
the left and the hydrostatic control pedals on the right. The new models (I think) do also. I can ergonomically utilize independent brakes on a Deere. Food for thought. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif <font color="green"> </font>

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #5  
<font color="blue"> And I loved it, he knows the dealer real well and I was treated great. </font>
Let's see...You loved the tractor and the dealer treated you great.

The first rule of tractor buying is, "You buy a tractor once, but you live with it forever." which is why service and support after the sale are so important. I'd buy the tractor, if you like the dealer and he treated you right. How were the Kubota and JD dealers?

It's almost 3 years since I bought my TC25D with FEL and 5 foot mmm, so my pricing frame of reference is becoming, if it's not already, out of date. Your total package price of $22,300 is about $4,000 higher than what I paid. But you're getting a foot wider mower and the 33 is the top end of the Class II Boomers. So, I'd say the price is reasonable.

Reagarding a discount for last years model - maybe a few hundred dollars, depending how bad the dealer wants to move it. It'd be worth asking.

Single vs double pedals - I have a single and it works fine. However, either set up takes getting used to.

Regarding the 3ph lift numbers. Do you have a specific use that requires a higher capacity? If not, the lifting differences between the 3 brands wouldn't bother me and neither would the weight difference.

Sounds like you're getting the last minute, "am I buying the right tractor" jitters. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My advice...since the prices and capabilities of the tractors are so close, go with the dealer you think will treat you better in the long run.

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #6  
hi, we looked at same type of models last year,tc33d,4310 and 3130. the big thing for me was fit and comfort. the 4310 was the most comfortable for me. i'm a big guy and i felt cramped on the other 2 models. fortunatly price was about the same and have good dealers.needless to say we ended up with the 4310 and a great dealer to boot. the dealer will mean alot in the long run or short. we had a bad hydro trans in our unit, dealer and jd replaced the tractor with another new 4310 and it has been great,this is what they mean by shop dealer as well as tractor and price.another thing to possibly look at was cold weather starting, the deere starts right up -10f and no problem no block heater. had dealers start both for me when in the teens nh dealer got it started but it did some cranking,the deere dealer went out and it fired right up,both had been sitting outside in cold,maybe just that unit at nh or inexperienced sales person??? other nh owners would know better but it did play a part in buying knowing where the tractor would be used, to blow this snow out of the yard in the winter.

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #7  
fluffyone,

I want to tell you there is only one color, <font color="green"> green,</font> but there are many other color's /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You need to find the tractor that fits you best and see how the dealer treats you, but I think you answered that. They are both great machines /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #8  
Mopar the direct injection sure will start easier. We see that a lot at our Dodge Dealership. Those guys don't have a clue how to start a glowplug rig when its cold. The Cummins sure spoils us for cold starts...

I looked at the TC33s and preferedd the 4310. The loader (7308) on the NH was a real letdown. I would have been more interesred in a 14LA (wasn't available...)

I can't stand the boomarang pedal, it hurts my leg to ride up on one. The dual pedals fit better. The brake pedals are more useable on the Deere as well.

None of these will break the bank. The right dealer means a lot.

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #9  
Of course Mike, the loader on the JD 430 is a real "let down" when put up against the LA 753 on the Kubota. I just had to get that in. Rat... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 4310 vs TC33DA #10  
Fluffyone,

Go out and buy the one that you feel you like the best. The pedal issue is a one hates it and one loves it. There is pro's and con's for both. I thought I would hate it, but learned to love it. If you like the comfort of the New Holland get it. Your are buying this for a lifetime. Most people keep their tractors. Don't be afraid of any of them. Red, blue, green, orange, pink or whatever get the one you like and not what everyone else likes. Your driving it, your the one going to be on the seat get what you want. New Holland is not any better than John Deere and John Deere is not any better than New Holland. As I usually tell people, go with the one you like the best and also which dealer do you and only you think is going to give you the best service.

Just my opinion.

murph