Is this for real?

/ Is this for real? #2  
I think the URL may be part of a scam.

I have seen several e-mails around the office that are clearly part of a spam/scam to get people to respond and supply their e-bay account info. They had similar URL's.

- Rick

/ Is this for real? #3  
Seller's first day on ebay, Bidder's ID will be kept private, free delivery anywhere in U.S., and the no-Reserve starting price is half a dealer's price for the same tractor.

The Properties of that tractor photo lead to:
http://catused.cat.com/equipment/view-equipment-detail.html?equipmentPK=Eq1.2A9339T#
where the same tractor is listed for $28,000.

Any one of these suggests a scam.

Combined..... it screams scam!

Does anyone have a membership at CatUsed.com to post an inquiry to the dealer to see if he knows about this? Maybe Caterpillar Inc. will go after the scammer. Ebay has illustrated in many prior auctions that they won't.

/ Is this for real? #4  
Ah to find such a deal to separate one from his hard earned wages.

Engine description, picture location and price scream " RUN "

Somehow I beleive this same picture has arrisen in the past and was also questioned at that time.

Egon

/ Is this for real? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think the URL may be part of a scam)</font>

It's eBay -- that URL is a valid website address. The auction, on the otherhand is up for debate.

/ Is this for real? #6  
I am going to wait for a response to this email I just sent him:

I live in Northbrook, IL, so can I come by to take a look at this tractor? I'll bring cash and a trailer, and if it passes my inspection we can make a deal face-to-face.

I am banking on some excuse for me not to be able to see it -- if he invites me over, I'm in trouble for I live in Maryland, not Illinois /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Is this for real? #7  
I can see a TV series evolving.

" GATORBOY NET FRAUD INVESTIGATIONS "

Let us know how it turns out.

Egon

/ Is this for real? #8  
I got a response:

It is from Lucio Delarrosa, ok so when can you arrive?

Maybe the auction is legit. Perhaps I'll ask where he is located, and if this weekend would be a good time.

/ Is this for real? #9  
I agree, sounds like a scam to me.

/ Is this for real?
Maybe the auction is ok, but is the merchandise hot?

I would love that tractor at that price (if everything were legal).

Yooper Dave