Dealer Bad Dealer Experience.

/ Bad Dealer Experience. #11  
<font color="green"> The best price on the JD 46 I have been quoted is still over $6000.

</font>

That's too bad, I paid $4800 for my 47, but that was on a new machine

/ Bad Dealer Experience. #12  
Take list price and take 23% off of that Keeney. That's what I could get you one for.

/ Bad Dealer Experience.
<font color="red"> If we were to go stocking backhoes then they would sit there forever </font>
But I would think that they would at least have some nice slick literature, spec sheets, operators manual on-line, etc so I could make an informed decision. Some of the smaller 3rd-party brands have better literature, better web sites, and did a better job of helping me to buy.

Maybe its a run for their life vs. run for their lunch kind of thing. JD doesn't care about a $5000 sale, but the little guys need those sales to stay in business

- Rick

/ Bad Dealer Experience. #14  
My two cents:
1) backhoes are expensive options and slow sellers, therefore many dealers don't stock them.
2) If anyone wants to demo a backhoe, they usually get pretty scratched up. Who wants to buy a scratch and dent model? I think they are kind of like underwear. You try 'em on and they're yours.
3) Besides different profit margins, they probably can get the JD model shipped cheaper.

Bob, sorry you had some crappy salesman ruin your tractor buying experience. Mine made me feel like a kid in a candy store.

/ Bad Dealer Experience. #15  
Keeney,
In response to; Bottom Line, Item 2.
I like my father before me used JD and other brands and bought from dealers in our area. After finding myself getting more disturbed at getting the dealer to give me a price break, no parts in stock, then one day in watching the dealer working on my equipment and realizing that I knew more about mechanics and hydraulics than he did I decided there must be a better way.
After doing research it became clear that several manufactures do sell only direct to the end user. I have since started buying all equipment, attachments and parts direct from the manufacture at 30% up to 50% less than brands sold through dealers and found some simplier, better designed and eaiser to work on than name brands.
This might not work for everyone. If you do not have the ability to make simple repairs, or do not want to order a part for delivery tomorrow, or be willing to provide labor for warranty repairs, or not interested in saving money, then buy from the dealer.
We now have twice the equipment with half the problems, and not a single piece bought through a dealer. When you call the manufacture, they can answer your questions correct the first time. After all they made the thing in the first place.
I havent bought a car, truck, or trailer through a dealer since that day. You can find much better deals on the web, and then check them out before you buy.
EB

/ Bad Dealer Experience.
<font color="red"> Take list price and take 23% off of that ... </font>

I finally found a part of the JD website that would configure the 46 backhoe (commercial division) and give me a list price.

I tlooks like the dealer was mistaken on the price! The Sub-frame is listed as being included in the base price. Its a bit confusing because they also list the subframes for the various models as options as well, leading you to believe you need to add one.

So, I now think that the dealer may have been confused by this and add $789 to the list that was a duplicate.

Also, I don;t like the JD subframe that much anyway (from what I have seen of it on the parts website), so it is also very nice that they appear to offer a subframe delete option!

Now, the JD hoe configured how I want lists out at 5255.

With the generaous 23% discount that cowboydoc mentions, it sounds like I can get down around $4050.

Of course I would still ened to design and fabricate my own subframe, but thats what I plan to do anyway.

- Rick

Attachments

• 385172-46hoe.gif
    385172-46hoe.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 113
   / Bad Dealer Experience. #17  
Kyle_in_Tex . . . it wasn't JUST the salesman who ruined the buying experience for me for my latest tractor. The same thing happened 10 years ago at the same dealership when I went to buy a garden tractor, which is how I ended up at the Cub Cadet/Kubota store down the street, and I must say I love my Cub! I also very much like the Kubota B2910 I bought from the. I also bought a White mower from them. But the latest issue was with another CUT and I ended up buying a New Holland last year. Those were salesman issues.

But the service guys at the Deere dealership are jerks too. I now take my Deere lawnmowers & weedwackers to the Cub/Kubota store for service and they are happy to fix the Deere stuff. When I bought the New Holland (from yet another local dealership) this past summer, the dealer told me they would gladly repair any brand I own. So now I have 2 competing dealers who will repair my Deere equipment and I never have to set foot in the Deere dealership again!

I think the only reason the dealership still is in business is becuase the are is growing in population and as people move into the area from the suburbs, the only brand they know is JD so they go buy a Deere lawn tractor from this guy.

/ Bad Dealer Experience. #18  
Bob, I might be out on a limb here, but is it just remotely possible that you were suffering from a COUGH, each time you went to the Deere dealership??!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

just kidding, sorry that those jerks ran you off, but glad that you did get good support.

/ Bad Dealer Experience. #19  
Keeney,

I agree that Deere should have more literature out about their products. One area that I find lacking is on the internet how they don't list the lift capacity for the front end loaders for the compact tractors. I finally found it after I went to the product configurator and clicked on standard features did I get the info I wanted. I would like to see better organized literature with special shelves at my dealer. That would help people get the info they want in a timely matter.

/ Bad Dealer Experience. #20  
Hello.
I wonder how difficult it would have been for that dealer to just say, "Ya know, Im not a whole lot familar with BH's but I tell ya what if you like I'll make a few phone calls right now while you have a cup of coffee..." or how about, "Ya know, Ive been wondering some of those same things myself, why dont you and me take a little trip over to (the big JD dealer where ever that is) and see what we both think!". /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok ....after your stroke, maybe he'd visit ya in the hospital, too.

But seriously, Im quite sympathetic towards your disappointment. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

At the very least, the dealer should have offered to find out answers to your specific questions, get your name / number and promise to call you....

Isnt that at least REASONABLE?

But I would go back to them and try again. Try and find out why you were treated that way and tell the manager. Ive told salemen before, that I really didnt have a good experience with them on the first visit and I want to discuss my concerns with someone else - specifically the Manager. And boy did that get their attention! And I will use that technique again, I guarantee! IF the manager treats me that way, too...Good bye Charlie for a long time!

So good luck and dont give up! (until you're satisfied)
dwight