eBay/Craigslist Time for another unbelieveable eBay item - JD2210

/ Time for another unbelieveable eBay item - JD2210 #1  

mhalla

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
<font color="green">
Seems like it wasn't too long ago this forum contained a posting about an unbelievable price for a John Deere 5220 tractor that had scam written all over it.

Use the below URL to take a look at another unbelievable eBay item. A new John Deere 2210 with a "Buy it Now" price of $2,500. This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only with a note to send e-mail to the seller to be placed on the pre-approved bidder list. Looks a bit strange to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40108&item=4001506005

Wow it gets even better /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The same seller has a 4310 also with a $2,500 "Buy it Now" price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40108&item=4001505532

The above auctions look too good to be true. It also looks like the seller is using same picture being used for another new 2210 being sold in a different auction by a different seller. That one has a current high bid of $11,100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3803162423&category=40108&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Searching on eBay I get almost as many chuckles as reading the comics in the newspaper but then it I get depressed thinking about people who are being scammed every day on eBay. As an eBay buyer I guess you really need to take to heart the saying that if it is too good to be true it probably isn't true.

Pretty strange stuff out there. Is this another scam or a mistake on the part of the seller who never meant to include the "Buy it Now"

What do some of you other eBay/internet tractor detectives and sleuths think?

Mike</font>

/ Time for another unbelieveable eBay item - JD2210 #2  
It's a scam, for certain. Perhaps it's a user ID and account that has been hijacked or "spoofed" and the real individual behind that usename is not the culprit. There have been several cases recently where user IDs are hijacked and used for qucikie scams. I would bet those auctions won't be around in a day, or so.

If you check out the feedback of the seller--all positive--s/he has been buying and selling punk/new-age music CDs and has no history of outdoor power equipment. I suspect that in order to be put on the "pre-qualified" list someone would have to give up a credit card number, checking account number, or put up some kind of an escrow through Paypal that would never be seen again. Bottom line: there's no tractor to ship. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Time for another unbelieveable eBay item - JD2210 #3  
I e-mailed the seller of the legit 2210 to let them know their pictures and description had been "borrowed"

/ Time for another unbelieveable eBay item - JD2210 #4  
I like the "Free Shipping Worldwide."

/ Time for another unbelieveable eBay item - JD2210 #5  
I will notify eBay and have both auctions removed.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Time for another unbelieveable eBay item - JD2210 #6  
Both items have been taken down. The real seller still has theirs up and it's going good. Very reputable dealer too I might add.

/ Time for another unbelieveable eBay item - JD2210 #7  
Nice job helping to keep the world honest.
Ebay has many good deals but not this one...you may have saved someone from some loss.