backhoe, but are not included in the $5799 list price. So
the 46 is actually $6,269.

I learned that my salesman didn't know where exactly the
control for a rear outlet would be installed and wasn't
especially interested in find out. Nice knowledgeable guy,
but didn't seem to know the Compacts all that well. I think
he usually sold the larger Ag tractors.

There was a perfectly restored JD B in the showroom. I
learned that I think the JD B is a fine looking old tractor.

Cliff

/ 4110: a few things I learned at the dealer #2  
I don't think that there is really a separate control for any rear hydraulic outlet.

The power beyond kit just gets you a pressure line and return at the rear of the tractor. This is only useful to connect something like a bakchoe which already has its own control valves.

The "rear hydraulic kit" is really just a set of four hoses and brackets to run the loader circuits to the back of the tractor. When you want to use something on the back, you plug in these extension hoses into the loader ports. The same DSCV is used.

I am in the middle of adding a hydraulic upgrade to my 4100 so I can use small skid-steer and mini-loader hydraulic attachments on my loader. I have decided that I really need to add a complete, isolated system to get the flow I will need, so if you are looking to run any kind of hydraulicly-powered attachment other than a loader, backhoe, or top-n-tilt off of the tractor's hydraulics, you should probably be looking at a larger tractor.

/ 4110: a few things I learned at the dealer
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The power beyond kit just gets you a pressure line and return at the rear of the tractor. This is only useful to connect something like a bakchoe which already has its own control valves. )</font>

I realize that. That's why I thought the $5799 price of the
backhoe would include the power beyond kit on a new
tractor installation.

I am still not clear on what exactly a rear outlet kit includes.
If it's just hoses from the existing FEL outlets, why does
it cost $240, when the power beyond is only $210? Seems
like the power beyond would cost more since you need the
loop back hose and a bit more associated hardware. I would
think they would be the same anyway. But I suppose you
must be right about that. $240 can't include a valve, can
it?

Cliff

/ 4110: a few things I learned at the dealer #4  
What's DSCV? The rule when I worked was to define your abbreviations the first time you use them. Lots of abbreviations here. Folks shouldn't be too lazy to define them first, in every post.

Ralph

/ 4110: a few things I learned at the dealer #5  
Hi Ralph,
DSCV = Dual Selective Control Valve
I agree with your rule to define abbreviations the first time they are used.
Hope this helps,
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 4110: a few things I learned at the dealer #6  
On www.jdparts.com, they show the "Hydraulic Coupler Outlet Kit". It consists of four hoses, four quick-connect sets, a bracket, a few angle fittings, and a bunch of tie-wraps.

- Rick

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On www.jdparts.com, they show the "Hydraulic Coupler Outlet Kit". It consists of four hoses, four quick-connect sets, a bracket, a few angle fittings, and a bunch of tie-wraps.
- Rick
)</font>

Thanks Rick, I didn't even think of going to the parts page and looking at
the contents. I didn't know they had that level of detail.

Cliff

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What's DSCV? The rule when I worked was to define your abbreviations the first time you use them. Lots of abbreviations here. Folks shouldn't be too lazy to define them first, in every post.

Ralph )</font>

I thought DSCV, while not as ubiquitous as the FEL or BH, was well
used, but that is not the case. I am sorry about that.

Cliff

/ 4110: a few things I learned at the dealer #9  
Cliff,

DSCV is a common acronym to anybody who is not new to hydraulics on tractors. Maybe we need a glossary. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I do agree with Ralph in general but you didn't eliminate the majority of your audience from understanding your post. I do a considerable amount of technical writing and I'm not exactly a lazy writer. However, I won't be typing "...Dual Selective Control Valve (DSCV)...." every time I use the acronym for the first time in a thread at TBN---okay maybe I will now. It would be appropriate if we were writing an informative technical document for an audience that is known to be unfamiliar with subject matter. You are writing in a forum that is known to be familiar with your subject matter.

Don't feel bad. Ralph's question is valid but he just admonished 97% of all TBN members /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 4110: a few things I learned at the dealer #10  
<font color="blue"> Maybe we need a glossary. </font>

Ask and ye shall receive........

Glossary Of Tractor Terms Thread

From RalphVA
<font color="blue"> Lots of abbreviations here. Folks shouldn't be too lazy to define them first, in every post.</font>

If the abbreviations were defined in every post....they wouldn't be abbreviations. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Don