New Deere Buying Experience

/ New Deere Buying Experience #1  

meyerld

Tractor
John Deere 160 John Deere X485 John Deere 5065E John Deere 5085M H260 Loader John Deere MX8 Cutter
There are a lot of posts in the Kubota section on Deere dealers being pretty awful so I wanted to balance it out a bit with my recent experience buying a 5085M with an H260 loader. After I shopped around some I asked my dealer if he would price match and he did so without hesitation even though the price was a few thousand lower than the one he initially offered. When the tractor arrived he invited my wife and I for a pre-delivery walkdown of the tractor. Before going out to see the tractor he told us he has had a great quarter and was passing it on to his customers. He took $1500 off the price we had already agreed to and I already had a check in hand to pay him with. Beyond that he told me he was installing a radio in the tractor at no charge (I had deleted it to save a bit of dough) and he wanted to know if there were any accessories I wanted. I told him the single point connector for the loader is something i had considered and he had it installed at no cost to me (about a $400 upgrade). So needless to say we are very pleased with the dealership and will no doubt be looking to them when I buy that MX-15 batwing.

/ New Deere Buying Experience #2  
Nice to hear you had a good experience; when I bought my little Deere a few years ago the dealership did what they said they'd do, worked with me on a final price, and everything went smoothly.
Sounds like you had a great dealer, but I have to wonder. Tractor dealers are in the same genus as used car salesmen; when they throw two thousand of freebies at you perhaps they made too much on the deal although you say you had been shopping around. My son sold cars. Every once in a great while some rube would come in and think the M.S.R.P. was the final price, a thought my son felt under no obligation to correct. His conscience would sometimes make him throw in some free floor mats or something, but after that his sales manager would usually spring for lunch.

/ New Deere Buying Experience #3  
It sounds to me like your dealer went above and beyond.......at least in todays market. I also had a great JD dealer experience, although mine was completely by email and phone calls as I was out of the country at the time. Although I never met my saleman face to face, he went way beyond what was required and also cut prices and threw in extras without any haggling on my part.

/ New Deere Buying Experience #4  
I've bought 3 mowers & a tractor from my Deere dealer, they've always gone out of the way to accomadate me & this is over a 20 year period.
I work in sales, sometimes it isn't the dealer, it's the customer that brings the unsatisfactory experience.

Ronnie

/ New Deere Buying Experience #5  
Are you allowed to name names?

/ New Deere Buying Experience #6  
Years ago, my 1 week old X-series tractor broke down on a Saturday afternoon. The dealership was closed. So just for the heck of it, I called the owner at home. HE ANSWERED THE PHONE!! I told him who i was and my problem. He drove the 18 miles to the store, gave me a front mount mower to use for the weekend, helped me load it, tie it down AND gave me $5 for gas.

You go Van Wall

/ New Deere Buying Experience #7  
Very impressive, bigtiller. We really should try to go out of our way to do business with nice guys like this.

/ New Deere Buying Experience
Its really great to hear the experiences from others as well. My dealer was Snead Ag in Adairsville Georgia. The managers name is Brandon and I have his cell and since buying the tractor we text back and forth.

/ New Deere Buying Experience #9  
G'day Mates. Tassie is an Island State with a relatively small population (just over 510,000)... 'word gets around' in the rural community quickly and stays for a long time.

That being said; when I sat down with the JD salesman (there's only one for the whole State; same situation for the other colours) he asked pointed questions about what I wanted [not sure as I was a total noob] and needed the tractor and implements to do. He skipped right passed the wee rigs to the high HP 3000 & lower HP 4000 series rigs. Then he asked about the 'pretties' = how much am I going to use it per week, do I need a cab/cruise control, etc...

The result was him showing me the basic 4105, which was less expensive than all of the 3000/4000's but fit my needs perfectly. The first service (at my property) was thrown in & a ballast box, which I didn't order, showed up after delivery as 'complimentary'. Subsequently, I've bought all of my further implements and my D110 from them too. I honestly have piece of mind that this dealership 'has my back', which they've demonstrated by opening up early so that I could get a part (fuel filter) & get the tractor back to work [haying season].

I've seen TV adds for all of the other colours... I've yet to see an advert for my JD dealership "Midland Tractors", here in Tassie, and yet, they've just expanded their lot, facilities and mobile maintenance fleet.

Actions speak louder than words.

/ New Deere Buying Experience #10  
My Deere buying experience was awesome too. Did the whole deal over the phone, never stepped foot into the dealer 100 miles away. They gave me the price which was thousands less than any other dealer, I said yes, and they delivered it the next week. Couldn't be more pleased. Legacy Farm and Lawn in Nevada MO.