Front Mower help

/ Front Mower help #1  

jebinpa

Tractor
John Deere 790 and Z910
Hi, I'm Jack and new to the board. I have a 2010 Z910, but kind of like a front mower before I retire. Are there any issues or thoughts about them. I might consider a Kubota if the deals right.

/ Front Mower help #2  
Hi, I'm Jack and new to the board. I have a 2010 Z910, but kind of like a front mower before I retire. Are there any issues or thoughts about them. I might consider a Kubota if the deals right.

John Thomas is the resident expert on the front mount Kubota Mowers. He has purchased several of them. The Kubota is like all high end mowing equipment, pricey but not so much so as the John Deere.

The F2690 and F3990 are four wheel drive. The F2690 is 25.5 HP and the F3990 is 39. The F2690 with the 60 side discharge sounds like a good combo. The 25.5 with the 72 inch deck might have a problem on hills and tall grass.

/ Front Mower help #3  
There are several brands of front deck machines. I went the used commercial route. More Groundsmaster info here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/all-other-brands/301894-any-toro-groundsmaster-fans-here.html

This is my latest a 328D.

P4070001.JPG

P4070013.JPG

/ Front Mower help #4  
I would check them all out. I don't think you will find that much price difference between colors until you look at cabs as the Deere version is a factory installed, pressurized and isolated cab. Meaning its actually a cab and not an enclosure. We see a lot of both here, the guys that spend a lot of times on hills seem to prefer the Deere units, as well as the "tail follows the trail" feature when used with a 72" deck every where the deck fits the back of the machine will fit when turning sharply.

Last edited:
   / Front Mower help #5  
My F2560 with a 60" deck can plow through thick grass like nobody's business. It does far better than the gasser mower with a 25 HP Kohler V twin with a 50" deck. The mower itself doesn't like hills, but in low range it has plenty of power on hills.