Just bought my first JD Tractor

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor #1  

NClenny

Tractor
JD 790
Hello all, I just bought my first New John Deere Tractor, a 790 with a 419 FEL, Lx5 Brush Hog, and a 5 foot Box Blade. I live in NC and have about 15 acres to care for, some high grass, water swhales, nice size garden and a 1500 foot stone driveway to maintain. I looked at the Farmtrac 320DTC and was close to buying but once on the JD 790 I fell in love again. My question is I paid 16,400 for all implements and tractor and also tax was included with free delivery, was this a good deal in your minds? Thanks

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor #2  
Congratulations on the purchase of a "real" tractor. Good luck with it.

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor #3  
Congratulations! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif How about some pictures? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor #4  
Congrats from a fellow 790 owner /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hope you're as happy with yours as I have been with mine. Yes, we need pictures and also you need to proudly list your new toy (I mean tool) in your bio /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor #5  
Congratulations! I love that new tractor smell.

Did you get a good deal? Sounds like you did. The key is the dealer. As long as the dealer is helpful and provides the level of service you are looking for then you got a good deal.

I am not a fan of overpaying but I keep thinking how much time I save by having my tractor. Based on that I could have paid thousands more and I would still think I got a good deal.

Have fun and be safe.
Mark

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor #6  
Welcome to TBN and the JD forum, we always need new members who know the best tractors are the GREEN ones.
It's a little late to inquire if you got a good deal or not, but the price you quote is fair if your 790 has MFWD. That model is the best bang for the buck you will find, with typical JD reliabilty and resale value. I considered a 790 but needed the convenience of a hydrostatic transmission. Enjoy your new machine, and feel free to post any other questions here.

Question for YOU....how did you learn about TBN?

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor
Thanks, I plan to do just that as soon as they deliver it here in about 10 days, they are waiting on the FEL and Brush Hog to come in, they had to order it.

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor
"Question for YOU....how did you learn about TBN? "

While doing my research on which tractor to buy on the internet I came across this wonderful website, and man did you all help me out in making my decision, I have been reading all of your posts and they were of great help, thanks to all my fellow Deere owners. Nothing better than real owner's telling it like it is. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor #9  
Sounds GREAT!!

So what are you planning for your SECOND JD?!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Just bought my first JD Tractor #10  
Got mine about 1 month ago, for 15249

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif