Cab or Open air??

/ Cab or Open air?? #21  
My decision was an easy one. I just couldn't justify a cab when comparing pros and cons. In the end, the cab didn't produce more work out of the machine for me because I can always add clothes when cold and take some off when it's hot. Plus, I paid for the attachments I needed for the cost of a cab. Im pretty much of a Scrooge when it comes to money.....

/ Cab or Open air?? #22  
I opted for the $8,000.oo cab on mine after putting up with no cab on the Farmall C for ten years. I blow snow in the winter time in shirt sleeves. Love the heat! If I had to do it all over again I would go for a bigger tractor with cab and A/C + heat.

/ Cab or Open air?? #23  
You can go out and buy a Chevy Spark or you can buy a Cadillac. Both will get you from point A to B. One you don't mind taking down gravel pot hole roads with branched beating the sides. The other not so much. It's all about what your willing to spend vs comfort level. I have a cab and love it. Even have sound system with hands free blue tooth so I can answer and talk on the phone.
I have had both and can honestly say I love both. I love the comfort of the cab but the absolute main thing is they both get you from point A to B.

/ Cab or Open air?? #24  
Merry Christmas Folks
I purchased my first Cab Tractor in 2010, worked with open station for 25 years before that, still have an open station I rarely use, I would never consider going back to just an open station, I use my tractor for mowing, plowing snow and working in the woods.
I could not imagine being without my cab on those hot summer days mowing with the A/C on, then plowing snow at -15 C at night in the winter with a heated cab really makes one feel blessed.
My preference will always be a Cab.

Troy

/ Cab or Open air?? #25  
I vote for the cab myself;we do have an open station for the woods.

/ Cab or Open air?? #26  
I'd love to have a cab in the winter when I'm blowing snow, and throw in a front snowblower. But, I live on heavy wooded acreage... and can't afford to have a cab tractor just for the cleared areas. Granted, I could do a lot of limb clearing/etc... but I know too many folks around here that have the corners of their cabs duck taped together to cover the smashed fiberglass... and broken windows/bent doors. I have enough things to worry about already horsing a big tractor in the trees. I also actually like being outside, that's why I bought this property. So, maybe someday...maybe... but donations are accepted if you feel like it... :)

/ Cab or Open air?? #27  
I can't afford a new tractor unless I hit the lottery but I'm not so proud that I can't drive a used tractor. The 4 1/2 I have now are all used and perform separate functions. Still, I probably have less tied up in tractors than most have invested in implements. The Ford gets the most work so it's the one I plan to cab & AC. And I'm doing the build myself. I'm an antique auto restorer and custom car builder so the cab build won't be a problem. Finding the time is the problem.

I might even add heat but that's not a priority. As I often say; "Down here, when you want more heat, you open a door". :)

/ Cab or Open air?? #28  
Looking at a new 5075e or 5085e to replace a 5303. Kicking around getting a cab this time. Never owned one before and would like to get some options on owning a tractor with a cab. The three things I am concerned about are:

1. having to constantly clean the cab from dust or dirt to see good.

2. having to getting in and out a lot when adjust 3pt high to connect equipment. (I don't use iMatch)

3, breaking or scratching from limbs it when bush hogging.

Thoughts or am I overthinking it?

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks everyone, I live in the middle of Indiana. I love the open air in the spring/fall weather, but the summer humidity can be rough.
I don't think anyone has asked this question yet, but why not keep the open station tractor that you already have and just buy the new one with a cab? Then, you have the best of both worlds.
I have two open station tractors, and one with a cab. Looking to get an additional cab tractor soon. I put about 250-300 hours per year on all three tractors combined.

/ Cab or Open air?? #29  
Really only two big reasons to buy open station:

1) Cost

2) Have to clear low doorways / buildings etc

and a third that can be really annoying with cab:

3) Frequent on and off

The other "cab" problems are not outweighed by heat & A/C and staying dry.

Have all open station here, mainly for $$$$ reasons.

/ Cab or Open air?? #30  
I don't think anyone has asked this question yet, but why not keep the open station tractor that you already have and just buy the new one with a cab? Then, you have the best of both worlds. I have two open station tractors, and one with a cab. Looking to get an additional cab tractor soon. I put about 250-300 hours per year on all three tractors combined.
Probably because he is not rich.