Buying Advice John Deere 5510

/ John Deere 5510 #1  

adonz

Tractor
TC55DA New Holland
I am looking at a 2000 John Deere 5510 MFWD with 85 hours on it.
Has anyone had any issues with this model, or an idea of what it is worth?

/ John Deere 5510 #2  
I am looking at a 2000 John Deere 5510 MFWD with 85 hours on it.
Has anyone had any issues with this model, or an idea of what it is worth?

The 85 hours is not typical for a 15 yr old tractor. Is there a reason for such low hours? Ken Sweet

/ John Deere 5510 #3  
I agree with sweetractor. 85 hrs is only 5.6hrs per year. Was it stored indoors or outside? What was it used for? Were the hours all in the first year or used through out each year? Were the fluids changed routinely or have the same fluids been in there fifteen years?
These are questions I would ask. The tractor has barely been broken in.

/ John Deere 5510 #4  
Without seeing and knowing the options it is hard to tell. You might want to look at tractorhouse.com, fastline.com and machinefinder.com.

TractorData.com John Deere 5510 tractor information

Can you provide a picture of the cluster and we can tell you if it is the original cluster. If the needles go all the way to the right and back and again when starting, must likely it is NOT the original cluster.

Here is a link to the operators manual.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE71736_19/

Last edited:
   / John Deere 5510 #5  
I can usually get a pretty good idea about hours by looking closely at the tire wear and signs of use around the 3 pt/hitch area. Ken Sweet

/ John Deere 5510 #6  
The tires might be close to dry rotting at 15 years:eek:

Ronnie

/ John Deere 5510
I agree with sweetractor. 85 hrs is only 5.6hrs per year. Was it stored indoors or outside? What was it used for? Were the hours all in the first year or used through out each year? Were the fluids changed routinely or have the same fluids been in there fifteen years?
These are questions I would ask. The tractor has barely been broken in.

thanks for your feedback. It sold at auction yesterday at a higher price than I was willing to pay.

/ John Deere 5510 #8  
thanks for your feedback. It sold at auction yesterday at a higher price than I was willing to pay.

At the auction, did they explain the low hours before they started the bidding? Ken Sweet