New 3046R on The Way

/ New 3046R on The Way #11  
I'm trying to configure the same, but I can't configure the cab with deluxe seat using the online tool. It sends me in a loop about removing the scv's. The other issue I was curious about is the discount of list percentage.

Mine was about 10-12% under online. Some things were more. Some things were less. I found it also was dependent on what they had on the lot. I.e new old stick of implements. When going for quote it might be wise to mention other brands in passing. Worked for me. They bumped to 72 mos at 0% without me prompting.

/ New 3046R on The Way
Mine was about 10-12% under online. Some things were more. Some things were less. I found it also was dependent on what they had on the lot. I.e new old stick of implements. When going for quote it might be wise to mention other brands in passing. Worked for me. They bumped to 72 mos at 0% without me prompting.

Do you like the 3046R cab, do you have any complaints?

Mine should be all set to go in a week, still waiting on the 165 loader, all the dealer stocks is the 160.

Would you have done anything different in buying a new tractor, or choose a different size?

/ New 3046R on The Way #14  
Nice! Thanks for the data point. :)

If you can get through the build and price deduct 15 to 18 % and that should be very close to your price with no trade and a good down payment.

/ New 3046R on The Way #15  
Go over the quote with a sharp eye out for duplicates and errors. I went through mine at least 3-4 times.

Cab. Love it. Radio, easy to put in and I spent <$100. See my post for details. Better than the big $ the dealer wanted.

As far as anything I would change. Hmmmm. I should have went to a couple different dealers. Not for pricing as much as service. After the signing I wasn't all warm and fuzzy. But. I'm 1 mile from a dealer so it will make sense in the long run. Another topic you should look at if you haven't. Small fish in a big pond so not enough attention to details for me. Look for posts on small Deere dealers being gone now. Also, from what I understand, most accessories/attachments they have to receive in pairs from distribution. Point is, you could get new old stock. No big deal but if it's stored outside, a bit of grit and grime.

Check the loader for adjustment. Check hydros for tightness. Make sure you get two keys and all the manuals.

If I think of more I'll repost.

/ New 3046R on The Way #16  
Mechanically. No. I'm happy. Size is good. Wish I had more lift capacity, but it's good for the size. It's not a forklift after all. With EA pallet forks I could lift 20 sheets of 5/8 OSB or about 35 8" blocks on a pallet and was maxing out relief valve as set by Deere.

As far as the cab. Of course nice. I'm a big dude (6'2" - 260lbs) and I fit in comfort. Truth is, I have not had enough seat time (do we ever). No snow and a bathroom addition has kept me out of the seat. What I've done so far, it has been awesome.

I went with the 4N1 bucket. Very nice. However, much heavier than the std bucket. If I had it to do again, I might buy both. Very black, heavy dirt here so that extra capacity could be benefit in the long run if your are moving volume instead of leveling/grasping. I'm running a 72" (3/8" side plate, welded type arms) box blade for ballast and it would lift a rear wheel if I was digging with the side of the bucket.

Power wise, I have not ran low yet. :) One day I will.

Last edited:
   / New 3046R on The Way
Thanks for the report.

/ New 3046R on The Way
Guess I'm back to looking for a tractor, I the 3046 R model, it's what I have picked out.
Just got a call from thee dealer and they said they won't put wheel spacers on it because the rear axle won't stand the added forces of moving the rear wheels out, what a bummer.
Anyway I'm glad I found this out before I took delivery of this thing.

Guess I need to step up to the 40 series in order to have wheel spacers.
Oh well it's only money I guess.

/ New 3046R on The Way #19  
Wow, that's crazy, I know there are guys on the GTT forum using spacers, and I thought JD even sold them. Is this a dealer only decision, or did they show you something from mother Deere?

/ New 3046R on The Way #20  
Interesting. I asked to have my wheels set at the wide and they couldn't due to interference with the 60 inch deck wheels. I won't be using my deck for a long while so I'll swap them around. Out of curiosity, why are the spacers a must? Are you worried about stability?