2032r to replace 1025r

/ 2032r to replace 1025r
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am considering a similar move. Could someone please explain to me what "emission" means in this context? How could a tractor not have any emissions? Is this some new environmental legislation coming through the pipeline?

SI2305

Government enforced exhaust emission systems to reduce the amounts of emissions diesel engines produce. Generally a diesel particulate filter, egr or urea injection to attain it. Long story short, a bunch of expensive stuff that is complex and arguably is harmful to your engine in the long run, egr in particular. Not only that but it costs more than a non emission tractor comparably. Applies to anything above 25hp by a certain date, not sure the timeline but my 5055e already has it.

/ 2032r to replace 1025r #22  
If thier like everybody else they advance the injection pump timing slightly
to reduce the emmissions at the tail pipe to pull one over the EPA.

Its easy enough to fix to get it back to a "Normal Low Idle Speed"

OH and yes these engines are sold all over the world with a normal low idle with no rattle.

/ 2032r to replace 1025r
Well I bowed out. Second trip to dealer Saturday and drove both the 2025R and 2032R and noticed what others have. The seat on them makes you feel pitched forward and I think there is less operator room on them as my 1025R. And the seats there is no comparison as the 2032 and 2025 only has rubber bumpers where mine has springs. That and the fact I don't like the mmm stop on the 2032 made it easier. Glad I went back twice because this time I really couldn't see spending the extra money when what I have is probably more comfortable, sure its smaller but I think it we be just fine for what I do. If I need a bigger tractor I will just get out his big brother.

/ 2032r to replace 1025r #24  
I had a JD455 that burned in my shop fire. Bought a JD2210 to replace it. Went from a suspension seat and telescoping steering to bumper seat and only tilt wheel.... WTH????