Price Check Price Check on a JD 1025R

/ Price Check on a JD 1025R #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
We may be in the market to replace our old Yanmar tractor for yard work, and I checked out what our local JD dealer had to offer. The salesman was exceedingly friendly and listened to me go on about my needs, and then he showed me a 1025R with an H120 loader. We went over the features and controls, took it for a test drive, etc. and I liked what I saw. This tractor would be used for 80% mowing and tinkering in the yard/20% bushhogging the in the fields and other assorted tasks.

He gave me a quote on it, and for the tractor/loader/potato plow, it was $14,150. The deal with the potato plow (he said) is that if I buy two serial-numbered implement/attachments with the tractor, I get a $1,000 instant savings. Since I have all of the other attachments that I need, he said the potato plow for $240 was the cheapest qualifying item, and the rest of the savings get applied to the tractor, if that makes sense.

Anyway, the other part of the deal is that he said he can offer 0% financing for 60/72/84 months, whichever I want, and that is the same as the cash price. To clarify, I said "So I can bring in $14,150 in cash, or pay it off in 7 years, and it's the same price" and he said yes. I think several other manufacturers are offering 0% for 60 OR a cash discount (so the 0% isn't really 0%).

So basically, a few questions:

1. What's the consensus opinion on the 1025R?
2. How is $14,150 for a price?
3. Has anyone else been offered the the 0% for 84 months/no cash discount price?

Thanks for the input.

Good luck and take care.

/ Price Check on a JD 1025R #2  
I think I got $14,500 for a 1023R with loader and MMM last year, so I'd consider your $14,150 on the high side personally. 0% same as cash is strange, often times its either 0% and you pay X, or its cash/standard rate financing and you pay less than X.

1025R is a good machine, pretty strong with a good engine.

/ Price Check on a JD 1025R #4  
Normally a cash vs finance does get you a discount BUT I was told the same as you were, only difference is its 0% on 60 months only, not 72 or 84. Was also told that the cash vs finance discount only applies to bigger tractors, not the 1 and 2 series. I was quoted a price last week cash money and I called back today asking if I could get 0% for 60 thinking he would jack the price up but he said yes and price remained the same. This was on a 2032r. My 1025r was purchased 1 year ago, H120 loader and 60"mmm for $16,300 and I have had zero issues with it.

/ Price Check on a JD 1025R
Thanks for the replies and the links. After a quick read, it looks like its not an awful deal, but maybe not the best deal, although I really don't know how much the MMM adds to the price. I don't need one because we have a 3 point hitch finish mower that works great right now. I don't know if there is any negotiation room, and the salesman was going to review some pictures of the Yanmar and give me a trade in offer.

The 0% for 84 months is what makes this different than other ones so far. I asked how they could do that and the salesman said it was because they area Tier 4 dealer with 14 locations, so cash flow was not as much of a consideration for them as it might be for others.

I'm checking pricing from my closet Kubota dealer and Kioti as well to see what else is on the table.

Any concerns about the "limited" cat 1 hitch? What is the difference between it and a regular?

Once again, thanks for the information so far.

Good luck and take care.

/ Price Check on a JD 1025R #6  
Since you have existing implements you want to use with the new tractor measure the lower pin heights on all of them. Then measure the new tractor pin heights in raised and lowered positions. this will give you a rough idea of how high you can raise them. Also some post hole diggers may not work with the limited cat 1 hitch geometry. Most small implements should work from what I have seen.

/ Price Check on a JD 1025R
Good to know. On the Yanmar that we use them on, several of the attachments we had to turn the pins in instead of out because the hitch arms were not wide enough, so I imagine for what we are going to be doing, it probably won't be an issue.

Thanks.

/ Price Check on a JD 1025R #8  
Ask what he'll want from you for a 2025R. It's a better tractor. Have him put the toolbox from the 1025R onto it.

Ralph