Buying Advice John Deere 4044r with H180 loader

/ John Deere 4044r with H180 loader #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
I'm new here. We are looking at the John Deere 4044r to help us with trail work. This past summer our club rented a compact TYM with 35hp and got so much work done with it, we decided we needed to have something permanently in our possession. We had a back blade with it and scrapped up gravel to be to moved to a bridge site. We loaded it into a trailer that was towed by a UTV and moved more than 3 tons per hour. (actual number not known, just a guess via sq ft) We also leveled trails, moved trees and made appropriate drainage, etc, etc with it. I'm from agriculture, but these little tractors are a new to me and was surprised of all the work we could get done. When we get our own, we'll also purchase a rough cut 3 point rotary mower (maybe a 6ft Woods BB600X Brushbull), scraper blade, post hole auger and 485A Backhoe. I should add that we have a nearby JD dealer.

If anyone has any suggestions or reviews of the 4044r, of course we'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Arlyn Aronson
Chief of bottle washing, Keweenaw Nordic Ski Club, Hancock MI.
The adventure dog's blog The Trail Mutt Reports
KNSC web page Keweenaw Nordic Ski Club | Promoting the sport of cross country skiing in the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan

/ John Deere 4044r with H180 loader #2  
The new JD 4000 machines are currently experiencing a problem with the loader valve. I believe the issue is related to bucket curl and down pressure.

Apparently JD is working on a fix, but no timeline yet.

Just FYI... Might want to search the forum for the info and bring it to the dealers attention, make sure he'll take care of the issue.

/ John Deere 4044r with H180 loader #3  
60 hours on my 4044R so far and loving it! Much of the love is because it's my first cab, and past winters have been brutal on an open station. JD obviously wants this series to be a hit, and my dealer has contacted me a few times since the purchase to see if there was anything I wanted/needed.

/ John Deere 4044r with H180 loader
Boondox, User reviews are important and glad you posted. As of now, it does appear this machine will work quite well for us.

TSO, By the time we get it, I'm confident they'll have this valve issue repaired.

/ John Deere 4044r with H180 loader #5  
I have a 4066r....i notice the loader wont lift my yracter like my 4520 did...mentioned the problem to my dealer and he pretended like he never heard of the pronlem he called john deere and all..im pretty disappointed with john deeres service so far

/ John Deere 4044r with H180 loader #6  
I have a 4066r....i notice the loader wont lift my yracter like my 4520 did...mentioned the problem to my dealer and he pretended like he never heard of the pronlem he called john deere and all..im pretty disappointed with john deeres service so far

I also have a 4066r and had the same problem. My sales rep told me that the lifting cylinder was all the way back and so the loader couldn't go any lower. Then we noticed there were two mounting holes. I moved the loader to the back hole and now I can lift the front of the tractor, just like my old 4600. You apparently will give up some on how high the loader will go but that's not a concern for me.

Hopefully you can tell what I'm talking about from the attached pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 650