JD 950

/ JD 950 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I pick up a 1982 JD 950 diesel tomorrow. It has 8200 hours on it but the diesel is rebuilt and runs great (it has 45 minutes on it). Going to try and use it for a mowing business. Anyone have ideas or suggestions for this tractor? I paid 5900$ for it. I hope I didnt get screwed. WHere can I find the specs for this tractor. I cant find anything on the net. I need to know fluid types and capacities. Send me email if you can help! Thanks!

t1wilsn2@swbell.net

/ JD 950 #2  
Todd,
Doesn't the owner have the manual,and maybe your local JD dealer could help.

If you get a little time check out tractortips.com for more info.

Good luck and may the grass grow for you.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ JD 950
8200 hrs in 19 years is production hours, was probly used by someone in a bussness. I hope for your sake that it is 4X4 and has power steering at that price.

/ JD 950
It has power steering. The engine is rebuilt. It has a belly mower with it. It was a camp ground mower. Everything seems to be ok on it. Engine runs great and rear tires are good. It doesnt have a manual to go with it. I will try the local JD dealership. This tractor is at the Kioti dealership.
I am wanting to do part time lot and field mowing this summer. Worst case I will just keep it for my own land mowing when I move to the country in a few years. I have a friend with 10 acres and a shed to store it in right now.

Todd

/ JD 950 #5  
Hi Tod, I had a 950 for 24 years, It was an AWSOME TRACTOR. it had over 10,000 hours on the original engine before it was retired. I found manuals for it on ebay .They were on their from time to time and not that expensive. The J.D. dealer down the road had one last summer with over 6000 hours 2wd power steering and loader he sold it in a day or two he was asking $8200 . I hope this helps Jim