Price Check Used 4310 Price Check

/ Used 4310 Price Check #1  

cedarman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310 ehydro
Have been looking hard and starting to think bigger. Found a 4310 ehydro/420FEL/Hydrostatic/mid PTO/R-4/D MD select control valv (?)/1yr warrty/60hrs. $16,500. Dealer sold it to a guy who brought back and traded up for a big rig with BH for some construction work. Doesn't have mower but has a 5' woods finish for $600. What does this deal sound like? Also found a new 4300 in SW MO been on the lot 2yrs and will let go for invoice which he quotes as $15,715. 420 FEL/4wheel drive/Synchreverser/mid PTO/ag tires. Had been looking at 4100 but can buy a new 4110/410FEL/60MMM for 15,480. Looks to me like the 4310 ehydro may be a better deal for a little more money.?

/ Used 4310 Price Check #2  
Welcome to TBN and the JD forums...the 4310 is one amazing tractor and the E-hydro is perfect for FEL use. A brand new 4310 with same equipment the one you mention would run about $19000 plus tax. If you ever decide to get a mid-mount mower the PTO equipment will be there to run it, it's a $390 option on a new 4310.

Depending on what you plan to use your JD for, you could go with the 4110, but for heavy loader use and a lot of cutting I would choose the year-old 4310...ask the dealer if it was one of the E-hydro models recalled for a warranty repair. I have a 4210 E-hydro with the 420 FEL and the more I use it the more it amazes me at how capable it is. Good luck !!

/ Used 4310 Price Check #3  
Was the 4300 in Southwest City MO? I sat on it on Saturday, Its a Brand New 4300. The Reverser is nice.

I think you are smart looking at this size. It is still very maneuverable, but a real workhorse!

/ Used 4310 Price Check
Southwest City is the location. I picked up the dealer and phone number from an earlier thread, probably one of yours. I really appreciate all the help and info this site provides. Never really been an internet type but would be lost and at dealer mercy without everyone's working knowledge. Will check on the warranty issue and try to see the ehydro this weekend as this dealer just got this one in. SW City has been there a while and will be next on my visit list but is a long drive (3hrs) as I live in Camdenton. I read an earlier thread on 4300 vs 4310 and if I remember correctly most liked the ehydro a little better. One thing I am learning is that patience definately a virtue in the tractor buying business. Again, thanks to all of you.

/ Used 4310 Price Check #5  
They are a great dealer! I, too have benefited greatly from this site!

<font color="green"> </font> I read an earlier thread on 4300 vs 4310 and if I remember correctly most liked the ehydro a little better.

I will try to cover the differences, and I don't mean to sound like I think you no nothing, but figure that there is little info out there on the 4300 anymore. The 4300 at Tristate is a Reverser. That is different from a Hydro. There is a difference in the Hydro vs. eHydro, although there are many happy 4300 owners. The reverser is a manual transmission. You use a clutch to shift gears but can go from forward to reverse in any gear just by flipping a lever. The eReverser is pretty much the same, but is electronically controlled. which allows adjustment in the smoothness of those changes.

There are lots of owners who would rather have a reverser, it is more efficient on getting power to the pto and wheels, and is a prooven reliable design. It does still have a clutch, although with Deere's you do not have to clutch to reverse.

300 miles is a considerable way to go. If you do decide to go that route, you will have a great dealer, and they are good about sending out little things if you need them, so you aren't stuck always bringing the tractor to them.

Both machines you are considering have advantages. Now, if you aren't confused enough, you can also look at machines on MachineFinder to see if there any similar deals near you.

/ Used 4310 Price Check #6  
The $15,715 for a tractor that has been on the lot for 2 years seems kind of high. I bought a new 2003 4310 with ePower Reverser a 430 loader and the more expensive R4 tires in November for $16,900. Mine doesn't have the mid PTO though.

/ Used 4310 Price Check #7  
On the old 4300 reverser it is a sync reverser so you do have to use the clutch to use the reverser. On the 4310s you don't need the clutch.

/ Used 4310 Price Check
I'm inexperienced when it comes to anything past my old 8N so don't worry about hurt feelings, I appreciate the info. What warranty work were some 4310 ehydro's recalled for? Also, I've seen some talk about a 4n1 bucket, what's this, looked on the Deere site but apparently didn't know the right place to look. Will be going to see the 4310 on Sat or before, getting kind of excited about it. Clutch work kind of rules out the 4300 according to my wife, but will still keep in the back of my mind.

/ Used 4310 Price Check #9  
I don't know much about the product improvement kit Deere used to fix the 4010 series.

A 4 in one bucket needs a 3rd scv to operate along with the normal dual scv for normal loader work. It allows you to split the bucket to move odd pieces of metal or stuff that you would use a grapple for and you can use it like a normal bucket to move dirt and snow, etc. Somebody correct me if I am wrong here. The gears do pose a problem for some people. My mom could never drive my Synce Shift 4300 it was just too hard for her.