Am I the only one that hates the digital dash in the JD riders?

/ Am I the only one that hates the digital dash in the JD riders? #11  
Most new full size tractors now are coming with an LCD dash -- new Deeres and Kubotas have this. Not surprised to see it on a mower.

To be honest, a waterproof LCD is far more weather, moisture, dust, and vibration resistant than an analog gauge can ever be -- I can tell you that from experience in the marine world. An LCD has no moving parts and can be potted and sealed up tight. Analog gauges have moving parts and can't be sealed up the same way, not even close. So if it's longevity/durability you're after, the LCD is far far better on something like a tractor.

Do not let something trivial like this be the reason you downgrade to an S240 -- to me that would be a massive mistake.

Exactly - nothing to worry about. Just enjoy a new machine!

/ Am I the only one that hates the digital dash in the JD riders? #12  
My dad always told me "Never go to the field with less than a full tank of fuel". If you're going to be out longer than a tank of fuel would last then you might have a gripe, otherwise just heed some good advise and you'll have no probelm

/ Am I the only one that hates the digital dash in the JD riders? #13  
I looked at a Cub Cadet XT3 GSX Garden Tractor the other day while picking up and waiting on some parts. I was impressed. The only down side I could see was the go pedals looked awkward. I would give one a hard look and compare cost, features etc to a JD 100 Series before finalizing purchase.

/ Am I the only one that hates the digital dash in the JD riders? #14  
I looked at a Cub Cadet XT3 GSX Garden Tractor the other day while picking up and waiting on some parts. I was impressed. The only down side I could see was the go pedals looked awkward. I would give one a hard look and compare cost, features etc to a JD 100 Series before finalizing purchase.

I think both the Cubs and the Deere 100 series are junky. I was a bit amazed that you can't buy a good mower anymore unless you get into a Deere X300 series or higher. Even the high end Cubs are not so great.

/ Am I the only one that hates the digital dash in the JD riders? #15  
I think both the Cubs and the Deere 100 series are junky. I was a bit amazed that you can't buy a good mower anymore unless you get into a Deere X300 series or higher. Even the high end Cubs are not so great.

True. The Cub Cadet XT3 GSX Garden Tractor is shaft driven, has a cast iron transmission where the JD does not. The Cub with a deck though is in the 46-47 hundred dollar range.