4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #1  

cedarman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310 ehydro
Will look at and drive the '03 4310 ehydro w/60 hrs and 420 FEL @$16500 this Sat. Drove a Kubota new B7800 w/LA402 FEL @15780, both w/R-4. Any idea how these two measure up against each other? Couple of Kubota owners (buddies?) have Kubotas and felt the Kubota had better engine and transmission response. Feedback!!

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #2  
Both are top notch. I may be wrong, but the Kub is more of a bargain machine, while a 4310 eHydro is very nicely fitted out. I am amazed how often folks will compare machines of different eras. I have had many Kubota owners say theirs is so much better than Deere because the Deere's Hydro pedals are too stiff, well the old series were stiffer, but the 4x10's improved that and several other areas.

And we all tend to hope others will support our buying decision buy buying what we did... SO PLEASE BUY GREEN!!! Just kidding! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't forget the three TBN rules:

<ul type="square">
[*]Dealer
[*]Dealer
[*]Dealer
[/list]

Have fun!

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #3  
Gee now that's a surprise... the Bota guys actually thought they had the better engine... imagine that, /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think both are good machines (another surprise since I own 1 of them) but as stated it's not a direct comparison in each brands model line. The 4310 is a better equipped model, but used... if the hours don't bother you I think you could probably negotiate the price to where you want to be - otherwise brand new Bota sounds like a great plan as well. If the 7800 has everything you need, new is hard to beat, especially with interest rates as low as they are (if you finance).

I used to sell cars - I think the equation for you to answer is do I want a used tractor - any idea why such a low hour machine made it's way back? Ever heard the saying "Nobody ever sells a car because they loved it"?

Aside from that caveat, see what tractor fits your needs best, and what dealer suits you best.

Good Luck - it'll be fun getting either one! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #4  
B2910 has the bells and whistles to compare to the deere. Take a look at the tractor and see if you think you need them, most people don't. Biggest difference is a very adjustable 3pt and a more complete operators platform with wrap around console. Price difference is about $1000 from the 7800 to 2910.

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800
Hours on the 4310 don't bother me as I plan to put many more on and hold what I buy. Machine has 1 yr warranty left. Deere dealer that has the machine said he traded up for commercial rig w/BH because on land purchase and construction needs. Will check it out completely when I see the machine and have been told to see if it was a recall for warranty. This dealer is 1 1/2 hrs away. My local dealer tends to be pretty high and not too price flexible so don't know how he will feel about an out of town purchase, but I plan to talk to him. Kubota dealer is 20 mi and good reputation. He also sells the NH brand. When I aske him Kubota or Nh 33D he liked Kubota which surprised me as the Kubota was $2000 less though not quite as much machine. I still lean towards the Deere but the dealer issue bothers me so will wait til I see the 4310 and drive and see how it feels. The price upgrade for the B2910 features isn't worth it for me, after a Ford 8N anything is nicer.

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #6  
Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 4310 matches up better to the baby L series as in L3010 or L3130.

I'm not sure the B7800 or the B2910 for that matter are as heavy and the 4310 has a coupla more horses and weighs a tad more I think.

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #7  
The 7800 is a stripped down basic workhorse. No frills, but it works. The B2910 is the loaded version with the whistles and bells. If I understand them, the Grand L series is sort of the deluxe version on steroids making the B2910 (which is a great tractor) look like the scrawny little sister. (I looked at some Grand Ls on my dealer's lot one day and they are big and impressive, but I never talked to the sales rep or dug up specs on them).

I can't speak to the 4310 Deeres.

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #8  
Your right, the 4310 is more tractor than the B7800. by 2 hp and much more hydrolic flow. Its a much closer comparision spec wise to the L3130 (under $18,000 w/ LA513).

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #9  
Cedarman, the 4310 compares closely to the Grande L series but about 400 lbs lighter. I think if you go by engine displacement/HP, it compares closer to the 3430.
If you fill in more personal info, maybe someone close to you might know of other possible machines to look at, but I'm very pleased with my 4310. I'd buy one again...Kyle

/ 4310 ehydro vs Kubota b7800 #10  
I didn't notice if you said where you are from... It's a coincidence but the two dealers near me are 1. Deere, and 2. a combined NH/Kubota Dealer. I found the NH/Kubota dealer pushing me slightly towards the Bota promarily because she said there were slightly less warranty issues on the Bota's. At this shop the NH was quite a bit pricier than the comparable Kubota I was looking at.

Well I can't wait to see what you think of the Deere when you finally try it out. Personally I never found one brand/model arguably noisier or smoother than the other... including a 4cyl Kioti. Basically they are all diesels and have that wonderful clatter.

Well good luck with it - the only thing more fun the shopping them is finally getting it! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif