Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing #1  

John Deere 16

Tractor
Non
As the Title reads the wife gave me a bigger budget of 18,000. And want to leave it to you guys to spend. Of course I would like a jd but won't limit my options. What I need out of the 18,000 is snow removal and mowing. The lot is mostly treeless with no landscaping. About 2.5 acres mostly flat. A few ideas I had was 1025r blower and 60d. Or a walk behind blower and nice zero turn.

I'm open to all suggestions. What would you buy?

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing #2  
I got a nicely equipped Sub Compact for that. The tractor has a FEL, BoxBlade, Chain Drag, and MMM. The Loader was great for moving snow around, and will probably add Edge Tamers so it doesn't dig into the gravel driveway. The BoxBlade has been super handy for regrading my driveway, still need to do the in laws lol. Personally I like my MMM it does a great job, but some people prefer a rear finish mower. Maybe I'm still young enough and can get down and hook it up easier. The RFM attached to the 3pt hitch is a nice option too, some people prefer that. Our little tractor works perfectly for what we do around here and isn't imposing, but plenty strong enough to do real work.

I can tell you adding the snow blower to the tractor will most likely bring the tractor over the 18k budget, unless you don't get the loader, but that would be pointless. You could do a JD X700 series tractor if you were going to do that. You could most likely do the loader and the mower for around that for JD. Good Luck. Donnie

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing #3  
I'm guessing you're looking for new so check other brands in your area such as LS, Kioti, Branson, Yanmar, Mahindra, etc. Most are probably priced less than JD and may come with more standard options. Check New Holland, Case and Kubota too.In my area they are usually priced higher like JD. You can also look in the used market on dealer lots and get a low hour larger tractor with loader, mower and maybe a snow blower attachment. Many people trade in smaller tractors when they need to upgrade.

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing
So if I don't need a loader you think I shouldn't get anything higher then the x700s? Used is fine too. I was interested in the 1025r. Is there any big disadvantages too getting the x758 rather then the 1025r if I don't need the loader? Can I still get the seed spreader for the x758? Thanks for the help guys!

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing #5  
Do you need a big blower?
Something like this clears a lot of snow and has heat. My Neighbor doesnt plate his plow truck for his driveway. You'd have enough left over for a pretty nice comerical zero turn and a descent walk behind blower
1463359810125.jpg

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing #6  
The X700 series are JD top of the line Garden Tractors. Nice thing about that is they have a rear pto for various attachments. If mowing and snow blowing are your main jobs for the the tractor than the x700 is a good choice. The attachment offering for that line is quite extensive. They do make enclosures for them too, canvas and hard body for winter snow removal.

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing
I would like a big blower. But if I just bought a walk behind blower I could get a nice zero turn like you said.

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing #8  
How big of an area is snow removal ?

/ Budget 18k. Snow removal and mowing #10  
Price the 1025 with a loader, mmm and scrape blade for the driveway. That should put you in under the $18,000. You will then have a homeowners everything tool. Use the unit for mowing, the FEL for yard work and the scrape blade for snow removal. If the driveway is paved, bolt a heavy duty piece of horse stall mat to the cutting edge and clean the driveway down to the surface. Or you can also use a piece of treat 2x6 bolted to the cutting edge. If the driveway is gravel reverse the blade and scrape the drive with the back. You can also use the FEL to remove snow around garage doors and other areas you can's get a scrape blade or blower. Some people like to drive on a driveway for a week before removing snow. Scrape blades don't work so great trying to remove the hard pack ice they slide on top of the ice. But, either way be sure and angle the blade. Please don't fall into the larger is better pit with the blade. You will need a blade that you can rotate 180 degrees. I don't think you will be able to do that with a six or seven foot scrape blade on a 1025r. You will wonder why you ever pushed a wheelbarrow when you get a FEL.

The FEL also makes it easy to remove the mowing deck for service. The FEL is also easy to remove so you can remove it prior to mowing.