priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice.

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice.
With the 1025R being a subcompact you have some options since it is a smaller sized tractor it is typically carried and can be purchased at the JD lawn and garden shops as well as the JD ag dealers. When I looked up for deere locations on their site it typically refers me to there large ag dealerships but if I look up lawn tractors the others will pop up.

Dealership choice does play a big part. One one hand you got the smaller shop where this 18 grand purchase is a big ticket item for them and then you have the big ag ones where your purchase is kind of nominal. The big dealerships can usually get you the best price from volume. They're on hand parts inventory will be much larger.

The smaller guys are usually more willing to add incentives to make the sale but less likely to negotiate on the price because they have already skimmed as much as they to even compete. A lot of times in order to make the sale they may offer a 50 or 100 hr service for parts/fluid only cost.

Definitely go with one dealership for everything and ask for a layout of the costs in your final choices.

Its interesting. This dealership sells mostly full sized and I would even call them giant behemoths. I have 7 other dealerships within 30 miles of my house and this one is stocked always to the brim. They have 3 9620 right in a row. But they have one price for everyone they promised me and give the same discounts to everyone. so after discounts its 18,785. It seems fair definitely higher then some of them but i think it might be worth it.

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice. #22  
Do what's best for you, contact as many dealers as you want. Really, it's what they are their for, if contacting multiple dealers irritates people here, then tough. You'll often find guys around here can be easy with your money. If the 1025r is what you want, then you did right get as many prices to make sure the dealer is giving you a solid price. Dealers do have to make some money as you know to pay salaries and keep the lites on.

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice. #23  
Shopping and comparing is half the fun.

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice. #24  
When you say contacting do you just call or you go there? You will get better firmer prices in person than on the phone or e-mail.

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice. #25  
Hello Murphy, generally speaking when I say contact, calling around usually leads to going in doors, to eventually buying. Kyle I had a blast shopping and kicking tires. I started researching just before the County Fairs started popping up. Fair Season came and it made it super easy for me to see lots of different brands and dealers in the same spot. I'll tell you what the dealers get mighty aggressive to move inventory during fairs lol. Thank God I don't have huge amounts of cash because I'd probably left with one of each lol. Honestly when I went through the fairgrounds and visited each vendor it became quite clear that choosing wasn't going to be easy. When I finally decided, what I picked worked for us and hasn't let us down yet. Happy Shopping

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice. #26  
Hello Murphy, generally speaking when I say contact, calling around usually leads to going in doors, to eventually buying. Kyle I had a blast shopping and kicking tires. I started researching just before the County Fairs started popping up. Fair Season came and it made it super easy for me to see lots of different brands and dealers in the same spot. I'll tell you what the dealers get mighty aggressive to move inventory during fairs lol. Thank God I don't have huge amounts of cash because I'd probably left with one of each lol. Honestly when I went through the fairgrounds and visited each vendor it became quite clear that choosing wasn't going to be easy. When I finally decided, what I picked worked for us and hasn't let us down yet. Happy Shopping

Sorry for the communication break down but I was meaning the OP. I found my machine years ago and the hunt was almost as fun as tractor time. Almost.;)

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice.
How would buying a tractor far away effect my warranty? Isn't a John Deere dealership backed by John Deere if somthin goes wrong with any machine in warranty? Well if not then what things could I need the dealership that I bought it from other then what's covered under warranty?

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice. #28  
How would buying a tractor far away effect my warranty? Isn't a John Deere dealership backed by John Deere if somthin goes wrong with any machine in warranty? Well if not then what things could I need the dealership that I bought it from other then what's covered under warranty?

The dealer you bought it from will, in some cases, treat you better than one you just show up at expecting warranty work done. The thought is they don't make much on warranty work and since you buy else where there is no urgency to keep you as a customer.

It's not uncommon for the people who do regular business with a dealer to have priority, when it comes to shop time, over folks who bought elsewhere to save a few bucks. The warranty work will get done at dealer ABC when you bought from dealer XYZ, but folks that bought from dealer ABC can take priority.

They'll just treat you better all around. Out of warranty I've gone to my local dealer, who I bought from, needing some silly little $6 part they did not have in stock that completely shut me down for the day. Two different times they sent a mechanic to the lot who pulled parts from brand new machines to get me going immediately. Will you get that kind of service locally of you buy 100 miles away? I doubt it.

/ priced out 1025r with 9 dealer ships. Need advice. #30  
My 1025r was a lemon. Finally just traded it for a 2025r before the warranty was up. The 2025r's FEL action is the best of the 3: 4010, 1025r & 2025r.

The hydraulic screen is a monster to get at on the 1025r. I skipped it and just did the filter. One on the 2025r is like the one on the 4010.

Ralph