Price Check 4100 used price; what asking price is fair?

/ 4100 used price; what asking price is fair? #1  

greentree

I bought the tractor in 2000. It has HST, turf tires, MFD, angle blade, quikthach hydro control, snowblower and 122 hours; garaged always, light use, no mower deck. Since I live in a remote area, I don't know much about used prices. What should I ask for great shape machine?

Thanks

/ 4100 used price; what asking price is fair?
80+ people have read the initial request. I am surprised that no one has offered an opinion. If you have an idea about how to price the tractor, please do post.

Thank you.

greentree

/ 4100 used price; what asking price is fair? #3  
I don't know what a used one would go for in your kneck of the woods,
but if you look on EBAY or machine finder, you will see some number of these
offered in various ages and conditions. Note that you need an EBAY ID to look
at the closed auctions (which is the only way to see what they really
sold for), but you can create one of these pretty easily.

You can go to the Deere website and click on used equipment and follow
the links.

Prices of used equipment varies on where you are and condition and finding a buyer close (transportation can be expensive) and lots of other questions.

Cliff

/ 4100 used price; what asking price is fair? #4  
A good place to start would be a sincere dealer in your area. Let him know you are trying to determine a fair value for trade or for direct resale by you. A good dealer will shoot straight with you on the value of the machine. Keep in mind they will avoid giving you a trade in value unless they can spec out a new machine for you to make sure they give you a figure that they can live with. It doesn't hurt to go through the motions. If you post a price somewhere, add a 5-8% cushion on the high-side, but don't try to beat the market. Information from a reputable dealer can help you find the fair retail market value of your machine and hopefuly relieve the pressure of putting a price on your baby. Nothing beats more information /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Your big disadvantage is that your machine is near new and you probably cannot compete with dealer financing. I know a few folks who pay cash for cars and tractors, but not many. As was mentioned, look around for comparables. Good luck....

/ 4100 used price; what asking price is fair? #5  
I paid 11,100 for a used 4100 Hst, with significantly more hours, with a 60" mid-mower, 54" front blade, and broom attachment. This was from a dealer. I think it was a year 2000.

- Rick

/ 4100 used price; what asking price is fair?
Thank you. I will ask 12K for unit with front grill guard, dual SCV, Turf, 54" blade, 6' rear blade, rear panavision light, rear dump bucket, and 48" front snowblower. Given the low hrs, excellent condition (always garaged) and oil/filter change @ 5 hrs, I assume this is reasonable.

Thanks for the suggestions.

/ 4100 used price; what asking price is fair? #7  
This site may help you....Interesting you dont have a FEL for your 4100...where abouts are you based out of ?

If you were looking for part out the snow thrower, I would be interested depending on price..

Duc

http://www.machinerylink.com/