Negotiate with JD x330...and engine upgrade worth it?

/ Negotiate with JD x330...and engine upgrade worth it? #1  

me77

Tractor
craftsman
I'm looking to buy an x330 for $2950. I can upgrade to a Kawasaki engine for $3150. Should I do the upgrade? Also, can I negotiate price, or ask for freebies/add-ons?

/ Negotiate with JD x330...and engine upgrade worth it?
...and would you recommend this tractor? why or why not?

/ Negotiate with JD x330...and engine upgrade worth it? #3  
I'm looking to buy an x330 for $2950. I can upgrade to a Kawasaki engine for $3150. Should I do the upgrade? Also, can I negotiate price, or ask for freebies/add-ons?

Much more important is to avoid the scrawny flimsy short lived K46 transmission . Which does the 330 have ? IIRC in the 2016 model year the x370 and up have a medium duty transaxle.

It has K46 hydrostatic integrated with transaxle... so I should avoid it?

/ Negotiate with JD x330...and engine upgrade worth it? #6  
I think the engine upgrade is a good deal but also you need to get a more durable transaxle. I would spend the money to get a 3400 series or JD equivalent of that series by HydroGear which is what most mowers have in them. I don't know what JD uses but look at a better machine like the 5 series tractors by JD and you will have a longer lasting mower.
Look for a Kawasaki FS or FX grade engine to go with your 3400 or higher transaxle.

Okay, so the x330 is a no go. Unfortunately, it was above what I was hoping to pay, so I can't really go higher. Is there anything non-jd you guys would recommend?

/ Negotiate with JD x330...and engine upgrade worth it? #9  
Okay, so the x330 is a no go. Unfortunately, it was above what I was hoping to pay, so I can't really go higher. Is there anything non-jd you guys would recommend?

Check out the simplicity broadmoor line.

/ Negotiate with JD x330...and engine upgrade worth it? #10  
Check out the simplicity broadmoor line.

X2

I had a early 2000's model and put 1500 or so hours on it. Probably the best cut of any mower I've ever used.