Which one would you recommend?

/ Which one would you recommend? #1  

me77

Tractor
craftsman
I'm looking at used jd's to buy. Which one would be the best? I don't want one from one of the big box stores, so let me know if any of these are:

d105 $750 runs perfect
160 $300 Kawasaki FB460V engine. 38" deck with no rot. Just Replaced both deck bearings
LX266 $1500 20HP, 42 inch cut. Runs perfect
111 $900obo "bracket on deck is only issue. all has to be done to it is welded."
L130 $900
LA 175 $500
D130 $1400 only11 hours
lt 160 $1000 Great condition, with 42 inch mulching deck, 370 hours.
LX27 $1500

/ Which one would you recommend?
I guess I should ask, should I avoid the ones from the big box stores?

/ Which one would you recommend? #3  
I think most on here will agree to stay away from the big box stores. Those are designed to hit a price range not provide the best mower.
How much area are you looking to mow with it? This will be more important on which series mower to buy for a long life.

My neighbor has a LA 155 and it has been trouble free for 12 years now. He mows 1/2 acre.
I owned a D 130 and sold it at 157hrs. Was getting that feeling it was not going to last long doing 1 acre. Not a good transmission.

/ Which one would you recommend? #4  
I think most on here will agree to stay away from the big box stores. Those are designed to hit a price range not provide the best mower.
How much area are you looking to mow with it? This will be more important on which series mower to buy for a long life.

My neighbor has a LA 155 and it has been trouble free for 12 years now. He mows 1/2 acre.
I owned a D 130 and sold it at 157hrs. Was getting that feeling it was not going to last long doing 1 acre. Not a good transmission.

The mowers of the same model are all the same. But there is a reason to avoid the big box stores - service.

TBS

/ Which one would you recommend? #5  
I always was told the big box store John Deere's were built by MTD.

/ Which one would you recommend? #6  
I always was told the big box store John Deere's were built by MTD.

Not saying they are or aren't any different than a MTD quality wise, but that's bull. Deere builds them in Greenville Tn at their own plant, I've seen it myself.

/ Which one would you recommend?
I have 3/4 of an acre. Our neighbors gave us a Craftsman LT1000 last year because they moved out of state and needed a bigger one. I didn't want to deal with it because they gave us an LT1000 before and I had tons of problems with it. However, I decided to try the new one they gave us. I used it for the first time today and it is an improvement over the last one. I know its not a deere, but it was free, so I'll use it until it gives me too many headaches. Regarding the big box/mtd rumor, I've heard it both ways. A jd store around here told my coworker they didn't have parts for his mower because it wasn't a real jd. He said everything made for the big box stores was made by mtd. But then I was talking to somebody the other day and they said it wasn't true.

/ Which one would you recommend? #9  
Not sure if this adds any information, but last week I was in Lowes and walked past the usual line of John Deere mowers (all the 1xx series) and there was a big sign saying that service is provided by John Deere dealers. It would be interesting to see what the dealers think of that but my guess is that most JD dealers don't sell an appreciable number of 1xx mowers and just focus on the 3xx and above.

/ Which one would you recommend? #10  
I get ads in the mail from my local JD dealers frequently and they advertise the 1xx mowers but I never see very many in stock at the dealers. I have seen the signs at Lowes and seen stickers on the mowers there that say they are serviced by a specific JD dealer. I've also noticed that the 1xx mowers at a JD dealer and Lowes are the same price.

TBS