with a vehicle I own under warranty, a large home supply
chain and a local nursery.......I can honestly say even if I had
a situation that was my fault, I could possibly have a negative
reaction like the gentleman had.......while I agree is one's
legal responsibility and moral responsibility to pay on time,
i missed a payment once on a credit card my wife had
and the creditor tee'd off on me on the first call.....I had
never spoken with a creditor before and though it was my
fault, I was pretty miffed /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think
most of us take responsibility for our actions and resent
"entitlement", but customer service in general is pretty
bad lately.....anyway, that is my opinionated rant /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #22  
There is some justification for complaining in the original post:

1. He attempted twice to try and make arrangements to make the payments in the agreed-upon manner and it sounds like there was some kind of problem.

2. JD sends out the collections muscle when they should instead be figuring out the glitch in the system that is preventing a willing customer from being able to pay in the manner that was agreed.

There is no justification to act like the money is not owed or that JD owes any kind of compensation.

It doesn't sound like a good idea for a company to condone rude behavior towards their customers, either.

It is OK in my book to suggest to a company what it might take on their part to make a happy customer again. Usually an apology, make the original problem right, and some assurance thast it won't happen again.

The cooler heads idea is a good one - if the collections guy calls again, I would tell him that you are working the problem already with the auto-deduction people. To avoid any further misunderstandings, they should please contact you only in writing in the future.

- Rick

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #23  
This is why I use Yahoo BillPay to pay my bills electronically -- I CONTROL when the check gets sent out.

Bottom line, it is your responsibility to make sure your debt is paid on time.

I guess this is just another example of our society always looking for SOMEONE ELSE to blame for things. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #24  
Garchib,

Completely OFF-TOPIC, but are you hitting the ENTER key when you reach the end of the line in your message window as you type? The days of typewriters are gone, so, in general, you only need to hit the ENTER key to start a new paragraph.

I have noticed that all of your past posts do not format properly. Just keep typing and let the words wrap automatically. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( guess this is just another example of our society always looking for SOMEONE ELSE to blame for things.
)</font>

What do you mean OUR SOCIETY? Its the Russians Fault!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #26  
Thanks for the typing tip......ironically, I am a sys admin for my line of work.......I did not realize the text box had wrap around on it.....most sites it ends up being a run on sentence in the box where you cannot see what you are typing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #27  
I am staying out... I want to be welcome here when I purchase my John Deere tractor and I don't need any enemies. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Have to admit, that there sure are a lot of "hot heads" on some of the other forums. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Are all the JD guys as nice and friendly as those that have posted in this thread? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #28  
I think if I was John Deere I would fire my own letter back with a few demands of my own. Number one would be interest owed and penalties for defaulting on the loan.

I hope he doesn't try the same routine with the IRS and then make demands to them. They won't argue back, but just keep adding penalties and interest. You will pay one way or another.

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #29  
these are the HATEFUL ones!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Abuse by John Deere Credit #30  
You'd be welcome either way... Hey you already get to post with that old Orangey thing /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif - Green would be great, but I suspect you have your heart set on the Power Trac, or was it the Jinma? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif