Price Check Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price?

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price? #1  

ebeb

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4410
New JD 4410
72"MMM
Front-End Loader
18" backhoe

$32,175 delivered from a reputable local dealer

Questions:
1-Is that a fair price for all of this
2-am i wasting money on something here (trade down to 4310, something else I am missing).

Dont want to compromise usability too much, also dont want to compromise resale. But also don't want to compromise my marriage with a $32k toy.

THanks

Eric

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price? #2  
18" Backhoe??? Maybe look at a larger unit /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think you mean 8'

That seems high to me based on what my 4310 with FEL and 8' BH went for. I don't know what MMM you've ordered but overall thats about $5000 more than my setup - What's your sales tax amount? Is it a E-Hydro with the cruise? Any other options on the tractor? I bought mine about 2.5 months ago so I think the pricing should still be pretty valid.

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price?
is the e=hydro, is that an option I really need/will want?

any other thots?

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price? #4  
I can't say if you need it - certainly makes things easier with loader work. You should do a search on the hydro (hydrostatic drive) debates... they are on the boards ad infinitum. But the reason I asked was that eHydro is an option that adds $$.

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price?
without ehydro you get gears, right? yours was $5k cheaper with gears?

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price? #6  
I priced a 4510 4WD with the Power Reverser transmission, FEL, 6' Finish Mower, 6' Bush Hog, Auger, and Box Blade for $26,000 last month. I know the back hoe adds a pretty penny, but that seems a bit much to me for the package you are talking about. I ended up buying a Kubota L3830 with all of the same equipment plus a hydrostatic/cruise transmission for $25,000. 31 hours on it, and I couldn't be happier.

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price? #7  
I Paid $23K
4310 MFWD eHydro
47 hoe
no mmm

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price? #8  
If you go to the 4410 link at the John Deere web site, and look on the left side of the page, you'll see Build Your Own . Click on this, and you can find out what it will cost with the various options you're interested in. This is a good starting point, but you need to remember that prices can vary greatly dependent on the region of the country. Your best bet is to visit a number of dealers in your area and get quotes from them. That way, you'll not only get a feeling for the cost, but you'll also start to learn what dealer you might want to work with. Many times, the dealer can be more important than the actual cost of the tractor.

Good luck on you search!

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price? #9  
For me, the 3Hp, and incremental torque increase to the 4410 wasn't worth it. I am served well by the 47 hoe. A Rear mower is a lot less than the mid mount. Any of these will save money, with little detriment. You might need the MMM, or the additional reach of the 48... I am glad the 430 loader (I had the 420...)

/ Got my 4410 quote: fair/smart price? #10  
if you look at my signature it says ehydro.... mine was $5000 cheaper with eHydro.