Info Needed: Boom-Mounted Blade for a 430 Loader

/ Info Needed: Boom-Mounted Blade for a 430 Loader #1  

rssteube

Tractor
JD4310 eHydro
JD apparently makes various attachments for their 430 Loader, including a "Boom-Mounted Blade". I've surfed the Web/TBN but so far no useful info on this blade attachment. Do any Folks out there have experience with this blade, or know of web-link for more info/price..? Many Thanks!

/ Info Needed: Boom-Mounted Blade for a 430 Loader #2  
I know this sounds obvious - but did you start your search on the Deere website? I've found them very comprehensive on their products. I wish I could help you out more but I'm not sure what the device is you're referring to.

/ Info Needed: Boom-Mounted Blade for a 430 Loader #3  
rssteube,

I have a 4310 with the 420 loader. I recently purchased the front blade you are asking about. Both the 420 and 430 use the same one. It is a 60" wide blade with its' own cariage and mount to go on the loader arms in place of the bucket. It will angle 30 degrees, left, or right, and has trip springs on it. It also comes with two bolts, and holes in the bracket that allow you to run it as a fixed blade for spreading dirt, gravel, etc.
It has a reversable cutting/wear edge across the bottom, about 3 to 4" high. An optional hydraulic angling kit is available. List price for this blade, without the hydraulic angle kit, is $1,200.00.
I have only used it twice since I got it. Once to plow snow off my driveway and once to spread recycled asphalt on another area of my driveway. It works very well for the snow. Much more convienent than my old rear blade. It has adjustable shoes on it, mounted to the back of the blade, to allow you to set it up off the surface you are plowing on. It also has a floating/non floating bracket that you can install pins in which allows the blade to float several inches, relative to the loader arms, when you are using it. Also has an angle adjustment bracket to let you set the angle of attack of the blade relative to the loader arms.
It appears to be very well made and I don't think that for snow removal use, I will ever have any problems with it. Using it to spread gravel or dirt, I think you would need to be careful how much strain you put on both the loader arms, and the blade mount. From my single use in speading the recycled asphalt, it really can put lots of stress on these items if you try to push around too big a pile.
It also makes your tractor a lot longer than normal. Since it sticks out from the loader arms about 3'. It also puts a fair amount of weight on the loader arms, you can really feel it when traveling abound with the blade up in the air. This distance out from the tractor also means it has a lot of leverage on the front of the tractor when pushing a big pile of material, and tends to shove the front of the tractor the opposite way.
All in all, I am pleased with it so far. It will not replace a back blade for heavy dirt work, but for snow is far easier/faster to use.
Hope this opinion/information is useful. Feel free to e-mail me if you have other questions I might be able to answer.

DT

/ Info Needed: Boom-Mounted Blade for a 430 Loader
Thanks DT for your thoughtful and very thorough reply on this blade attachment. You're far better informed than my local Dealer..! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Info Needed: Boom-Mounted Blade for a 430 Loader #5  
Deere is actually going to stop selling those blades. We have sold them from the Curtis Cab Company, they make a few different sizes, as well as mounts for just about any loader. They have a blade that is more like a truck snowplow than a back blade, but they are fairly heavy duty and customers that have them have been happy. check http://www.curtiscab.com/tractor_loader.html
for more info.
Curtis web page for loaders