3032E with an MX5

/ 3032E with an MX5 #1  

PineyWoods

Tractor
None yet
Will the 3032E's 25 PTO hp run the MX5? That is the minimum for the cutter. Anybody using this setup?

/ 3032E with an MX5 #3  
I run a Frontier RC2060 on my 2720 with no problems. But all I have mowed with it is brome grass after the crops are out.

RC 2060.jpg

/ 3032E with an MX5
I will have the loader and bucket, I was just wondering about the power. It i at the very bottom of the recommended range.

/ 3032E with an MX5 #5  
Will the 3032E's 25 PTO hp run the MX5? That is the minimum for the cutter. Anybody using this setup?

Since your max PTO hp is the same as the min PTO hp requirements on the MX5, the answer is that it probably depends on what you will be cutting. If you will be cutting thick, tall, wet grass/weeds at a short cut, the 3032E may have difficulty running the cutter. If you have less dense, shorter, dry grass cut at a higher cut, you may be ok.

I say these things based on using the MX5 with my JD 3520 which has a max PTO hp of 30. My experience running the cutter through thick and 1'-2' tall grass that has a little moisture on it at a somewhat short cut is that it requires that I boost the engine speed to keep the cutter going at PTO speed. Now, this is nowhere near the max engine speed, but it sometimes takes a little extra power to keep it going.

Also, be sure to check your ballast calculation as the MX5 is relatively heavy for its size. I typically run the 3520 and MX5 with the 300x loader off (for better maneuverability), and with 350lbs of suitcase weights on the front weight bracket. 350lbs is light according to the ballast calculation, and I can feel the lightness in the front, but it has been enough weight to work fine for my needs. Ballast mostly comes into importance when you are transporting the MX5 with it raised off of the ground.

Maybe your local JD dealer will have feedback if you don't receive any specific responses to your setup with the 3032E. I've been very happy with the MX5; it is rock-solid compared to the older Frontier RC1072 that I was using.

All the best!

/ 3032E with an MX5 #7  
Keep an eye on the water temp gauge, it'll tell you if your over loading the engine or not.

/ 3032E with an MX5 #8  
I have the Frontier RC2060 for my 3032E, it works great. It will bog down a little in the tall stuff but I just slow down and try to keep the RPM where it suggests for PTO.

/ 3032E with an MX5 #9  
I'll second what KC has to say. We run the exact same tractor, a 3032e with a five foot mower.
Power has never been a problem. In fact, the only thing that keeps us from going along faster is when the pasture is just too bumpy.

Remember that sharp blades can make a big difference!

/ 3032E with an MX5 #10  
I'll second what KC has to say. We run the exact same tractor, a 3032e with a five foot mower.
Power has never been a problem. In fact, the only thing that keeps us from going along faster is when the pasture is just too bumpy.

Remember that sharp blades can make a big difference!

Its a great set up. I have the FEL and loaded tires also.