Buying Advice TLB 110

/ TLB 110 #11  
Doc,
You might consider the stabilizer cylinder guards too. Your 110 looks real nice.:thumbsup:

Installed the stabilizer cylinder guards a year after I bought the tractor, I'm glad I did. Dropped a rock on one of my
cylinder guards!!!!

Ron 026.jpg

Ron 031.jpg

/ TLB 110 #12  
I need to order the guards for mine as I'm about to rebuild both stabilizer cylinders from seal damaged caused by niks and scratches.

Matt

/ TLB 110 #13  
Cost of the stabilizer cylinder guards was $132. and the Skid Plate was $490. plus $190. shipping
GR Manufacturing would not take orders from the customer, I had to go thru a JD dealer

GR Manufacturing:
Landscape Loader

110 SKID PLATE 009.JPG

110TLB Skid Plate 013.JPG

/ TLB 110 #14  
Doc,
I have not found a need to use more than one floor jack to remove/install the belly pan. If it is centered roughly it is easy to handle. When I ordered mine in 2005 I added all the extras except a radio. Don't ever listen to them anyway.

/ TLB 110 #15  
Mine does have the skid plate which I'd say is the most important guard.
That is very reasonable for the stabilizer guards. I'll have to order some up.
The cylinder rebuilds cost more than that.

Matt

/ TLB 110 #16  
Doc, I have not found a need to use more than one floor jack to remove/install the belly pan. If it is centered roughly it is easy to handle

I will try it with one jack the next time I need to take the pan off.

Doc,
When I ordered mine in 2005 I added all the extras except a radio. Don't ever listen to them anyway.

I bought my 110 used, it came with most options:

Front Loader 2 function Hydraulics
Rear 3 function Hydraulics
7 Function DipperStick
LVB25657 Hydraulic Clamp / Thumb
LVB24967 Backhoe Bucket Quick Coupler
LVB25354 Rear Work Lights Kit
AR87167 Engine Coolant Heater
LVB24904 Hydraulic top and Tilt 3-Point Rear Hitch

The options that i have installed:

LVB25424 Tractor rough service Protection / belly pan kit
LVB25356 Backhoe stabilizer cylinder guards
LVB25359 Tractor draw-bar hitch assembly
LVA12133 Solid rubber stabilizer foot pads: (4 Required)
LVB25426 High-intensity strobe warning light

The options that I want to install:

AR94493 Transmission oil Heater
LVB25353 Slow Moving Vehicle Kit with Cup Holder
LVB25067 Adjustable mirror kit

LVB25360 Tractor horn warning kit.
I have the horn kit, I'm having a hard time trying to find where to plug in the wiring harness !!!!

Last edited:
   / TLB 110 #17  
Doc,
I am repairing my 110 over the next month before starting the next job. I broke the side glass window on a branch Friday, no one to blame but myself. I also will need to replace the strobe light as it has died on me too. After 12 years of use I want to get everything in top shape and will be adding a wiring harness for the Topcon machine control.

The cup holder smv sign, I have one of those I haven't used it yet because it isn't easily mounted to the cab.
The Laurin cab needs new window latches, they seem to wear out and won't stay open.
Time for new wiper blades front and rear.
Need to replace one of the couplers on the boom for the 7th function as it has a slow leak.
Change the anti freeze.
Buy a 24" quick coupler bucket.
Replace a couple of zerks giving me trouble.
A few cans of touch up paint and clean and wax.

Not to bad for 12 years to make it look like new. Hydraulic fluids and lof's are all current as well as new batteries, filters.

I have to add that this has been a good small backhoe and I have been very satisfied with the purchase overall.

/ TLB 110 #18  
Sometimes I wish I had a cab on my 110 (Nov thru April).
I've had my 110 for almost 4 years. The only problem that I had is the power steering hoses had rubbed thru each other, I have a little noise coming from the steering wheel (only in the cold months). If you'r not going to use the cup holder / smv sign, would you like to sell it?

/ TLB 110 #19  
Doc, it looks as though Deere has changed the part #'s as well as an overhaul of the JDparts site. As I was looking for a few of the items you listed.
But the good news from my tour over there was that deere is finally offering the seat in individual parts rather than the entire unit.
My see cushions are in need of replacement. The southern sun really did a number on them and the cold in New England split the vinyl pretty good. Deere was only offering the entire seat to the tune of $1200 :eek:.

Matt

/ TLB 110 #20  
My cushions have taken a beating... how much are they nicking you?