Typical discount?

/ Typical discount? #1  

VirtualTractor

Tractor
JD 4600
Looking to get either a 2025R or a 2032R. Getting quotes from a dealer with about a 14% discount off of MSRP. Is that pretty typical? Good? Bad?

This includes the current 2 implement $1200 rebate.

How far can a dealer generally be pushed?

/ Typical discount? #2  
I got the identical quote from another dealer 50miles away then compared and played the two off on each other. I would push until they are adamant they can not go lower. I usually say if i buy now i only want to pay $x and see how they react. You can always try and get things thrown in as this costs them less than giving the equal value diacount. It really depends how cheaky you want to be! I would go for the 2032 though for more hp. I have the 3033r and it is not quite enough now i am using the pto. It was great before but I now wish i had gone one bigger.

/ Typical discount?
a week ago I emailed 4 dealers for quotes. 2 were about 7%, 1 was 10, and one was 14. After much online researching, I emailed back the 3 lowest ones the day before we wanted to head out to buy, saying they didn't have the best price, so email me back before we leave at 8am tomorrow with your best price.

Never heard back from any of them! We ended up at the 14% place, and it turns out the 1025R we originally wanted wasn't going to work for us. Ironically, the cheapest dealer has been the most responsive to emails and more than willing to make the phone calls required to get the information we needed to make an informed decision. A 2025R would probably be adequate for us, but the 2017 revamped models aren't going to be available for another 12 months. The revamped 2032R model is going to be available in early January.

The 2032R is already pushing our budget uncomfortably high. We also need one we can haul between our places on a 3000lb trailer. The 2032R with a loader and brush cutter is about the biggest we can get, given all the constraints. I already have a 16yo JD 4700, but it's just too big to haul around reasonably with it's liquid tires and wheel weights.

/ Typical discount? #4  
When I was researching my 2013 4120 and a 3520 I was getting 11% off list on the first go round. Waited a few months until November and got 17% off one on the lot. Wanted to order one but was told he couldn't give me the same price. The one on the lot was delivered in June I believe and had 2 hrs on it from moving around.

/ Typical discount? #5  
From my purchases I expect between 15 to 20% off on large purchases. Basic machines will be closer to 15% while the more feature laden machines with more options can be 20%.

/ Typical discount? #6  
I purchased a 2025R , H130 loader & D62 mower deck in May. I got a 17% discount plus the $1,200 two implement discount. I have been doing business with this dealer & salesman for over 20 years.

/ Typical discount?
Thank you for all the tips and information. This gives me a little leverage I hope to knock the prices down some more. Most of the dealers sure aren't willing to deal much.
Is there perhaps a better time of year to buy? January maybe?