Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #1  

Kyle_in_Tex

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4310,JD5420
Sad. They've been in business since 1937. They are keeping the current staff as far as I know. Time will tell, and also will determine my loyalty.

I feel this is a backward step for John Deere.

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #2  
Sad. They've been in business since 1937. They are keeping the current staff as far as I know. Time will tell, and also will determine my loyalty.

I feel this is a backward step for John Deere.

Jaegers??

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation
Yes. Now owned by Shoppas.

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #4  
This happened to our local dealer too. It took the new owners a while to figure out that some of the aspects of the old way of doing things were actually better than what they had been taught in school. There was a show room coffee table that the new owners figured was just a waste of time. Turns out a lot of deals were facilitated by the comradery of that coffee table. It wasn't long and the coffee table was once again in the show room.

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #5  
Yeah, All the John Deere dealers around me are owned by the same company, (Try County Equipment)
It is nice if you need parts, the bigger places have more parts on hand and at least one of their stores will have what you need

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #6  
Yes The local dealer also sold to a bigger Dealer . Prices have gone up very hard to trade and the sales people are total tools . Doing most of the small stuff on line now (Oil- Filters )

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #7  
   / Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #8  
My local JD dealer sold out to a larger JD multi-state group a few years ago. Kind of have an attitude now that if you do not have commercial business, they do not have time for you. I was shopping hard for a Cut replacement and skid steer the past year, I was told if I find something on the lot I wanted to let them know and they would write it up, salesman never around or returned calls. Ended up with a Kubota cut and Bobcat CTL, both are still small business owners who called me back, invited me to demo's, and gave me reasonable deals, and seem interested in taking care of me after the deal. Time will tell.

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #9  
My local JD dealer sold out to a larger JD multi-state group a few years ago. Kind of have an attitude now that if you do not have commercial business, they do not have time for you. I was shopping hard for a Cut replacement and skid steer the past year, I was told if I find something on the lot I wanted to let them know and they would write it up, salesman never around or returned calls. Ended up with a Kubota cut and Bobcat CTL, both are still small business owners who called me back, invited me to demo's, and gave me reasonable deals, and seem interested in taking care of me after the deal. Time will tell.
JD better pray, Kubota doesn't make a big combine, JD is like GM in 1972. HS

/ Our local dealer finally sold out to the big multi dealer corporation #10  
Our local JD dealer was bought out several years ago by Ag-Power which has 17 locations. I have tried to give them business but they don't seem to have time for you unless you are a big ag operation. They moved to a new location not far from me and built a larger sales and service building than where they were. I would hate to have their overhead.