4052r hydraulics

/ 4052r hydraulics #1  

tydistl

Tractor
john deere 2320/3038e
Ordering a new 4052r, dealer said if I get hydraulic line run to front for grapple, etc. and want to run it off the switch on loader control that I cannot get the 3pt down pressure. Anyone run into this?

/ 4052r hydraulics #2  
Ordering a new 4052r, dealer said if I get hydraulic line run to front for grapple, etc. and want to run it off the switch on loader control that I cannot get the 3pt down pressure. Anyone run into this?

When I purchased mine, I opted for the forth and fifth valve instead of the third with the switch on the joystick. I didn't forsee needing a grapple and thought the two rear remotes would be more usefull. I thought if I ever get a grapple, I would run lines from one rear remote up to the grapple. The controls would not be as convenient as being on the joystick but they are right next to the three point control lever. I think I got the two rear remotes for the same money as the third valve with controls on the joystick. Not sure how any system affects down pressure on the three point. Thats my 2 cents.

If I can ask, what is the reason for down pressure on the three point, lots of post holes to bore?

Last edited:
   / 4052r hydraulics #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site...

My 4in1 operates/engages from a switch (a button, actually) on the FEL joystick with no problems. Mind you, my 3PH is only hydraulic raise/gravity lower. I've really only done one thing at a time.

/ 4052r hydraulics #4  
We are considering the 4052 or a 30 series tractor. The extra lines to the front was suggested we add at the time of the purchase as well. Easy thing to do in the first place I guess. Hard to add later.

/ 4052r hydraulics #5  
We are considering the 4052 or a 30 series tractor. The extra lines to the front was suggested we add at the time of the purchase as well. Easy thing to do in the first place I guess. Hard to add later.

The third valve with switch and the forth and fifth valve are dealer add-ons.

I think the one reason they want to add it at purchase is that it is a guarateed sale. You may not want to spend the money to do it later. If you finance the tractor, the price for the extras are spread out on payments but if you add it later it would be a lump sum payment.

The other reason is, it is easier for them to do it their shop with all the tools, parts, and shop equipment to do it right in a clean work area. Who knows where they will have to do it after delivery on a service call unless it is hauled back to their shop.

Another thing is the machine is clean at delivery, reducing the possibility of contaminating the hydraulic system with crud from a dirty machine when the valves are added.