New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..?

/ New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..? #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
Any info regarding possible new tractor offerings from Deere? Substance to the 5000R rumor? Thanks.

/ New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..? #2  
I have not heard anything yet. Just wishing for an ehydro version as we have both talked about before.

/ New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..?
I have not heard anything yet. Just wishing for an ehydro version as we have both talked about before.

OK. Yeah, eHydro or heck... A powershift! Not just an "overdrive" 2-speed like the currently available PowrReverser on the M model. But, a 4-speed powershift with a 4-6 synchro range that you can shift on the go with the clutch.

Just like the old, small frame 6000 series Premium tractors. Heck, the current M's (2014) are only 4 inches shorter wheelbase and about a 1,000lbs lighter than the older, Premium series.

The jump up now, to the new series 6's is 11 inches and 3,500lbs!

Big, big difference. And a huge change from the old, Premium 6000 tractors to the new 6000M's and R's.

Upgrading the 5000's to include an R series could fill that gap. (A bean-counter and marketing analyst's wet dream!)

/ New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..? #4  
I could go for a 5115 ehydro with 6 to 12 synchronized range gears. That would be perfect for my jobs. I may settle for a used 64xx series though.

I could go for a 5115 ehydro with 6 to 12 synchronized range gears. That would be perfect for my jobs. I may settle for a used 64xx series though.

Looking at machines on Tractorhouse and Machinefinder, the "asking" price of a low-hour, 6000 premium tractor is less than a low-hour, 5115M! Crazy... I had an opportunity to demo a 6430P when I picked up a 458SS round baler in MN last year.

As I sat in the cab and looked around at the layout and got a feel for the size and handling of the tractor; I was struck by the realization that there was really very little difference between my 5075M and the 6430P in terms of physical size and handling!

Now...there was a HUGE difference in performance!

In large part; that experience is what got me thinking about selling the 4720 and moving up to a 6000 series tractor. I'd like to keep the 75M to move/stack/load round bales with and as a backup to the 6xxx for mowing and baling.

I'd have to take on more acres to justify the move. The wife does not want to do more hay... She's happy to stay with what we're currently doing.

We'll see.

/ New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..? #6  
Looking at machines on Tractorhouse and Machinefinder, the "asking" price of a low-hour, 6000 premium tractor is less than a low-hour, 5115M! Crazy... I had an opportunity to demo a 6430P when I picked up a 458SS round baler in MN last year.

As I sat in the cab and looked around at the layout and got a feel for the size and handling of the tractor; I was struck by the realization that there was really very little difference between my 5075M and the 6430P in terms of physical size and handling!

Now...there was a HUGE difference in performance!

In large part; that experience is what got me thinking about selling the 4720 and moving up to a 6000 series tractor. I'd like to keep the 75M to move/stack/load round bales with and as a backup to the 6xxx for mowing and baling.

I'd have to take on more acres to justify the move. The wife does not want to do more hay... She's happy to stay with what we're currently doing.

We'll see.
Really interesting.. hey if you do get a used 6400 series, don't get one with the ecu-controlled injection pump, you will see they have a plug on the rear of the pump, where the lines come off. It was a stepping stone model to meet emissions standards.
It's prone to trouble, the fuel control valve.. don't ask me how I know this or I may tell you.. I'd definitely look at the common rail engine over that setup. Good size tractor for hay work though.
Seems to be a good place to buy, in that range between 'big compact tractor' and 'small farmer's tractor', a trend around the globe.

Really interesting.. hey if you do get a used 6400 series, don't get one with the ecu-controlled injection pump, you will see they have a plug on the rear of the pump, where the lines come off. It was a stepping stone model to meet emissions standards.
It's prone to trouble, the fuel control valve.. don't ask me how I know this or I may tell you.. I'd definitely look at the common rail engine over that setup. Good size tractor for hay work though.
Seems to be a good place to buy, in that range between 'big compact tractor' and 'small farmer's tractor', a trend around the globe.

I have seen references made about the JD '00 series tractors.. Mostly negative.

Interesting to get some perspective on the trends that other farmers are adopting elsewhere on the globe. (I sure wished that the prices and features I've seen on the 6000 tractors for sale in England, Ireland, France, Germany were available in the U.S.). Wow... Front 3pt, light options, etc. etc.

And for $10-20,000 less in USD! Makes me wonder how much it would cost to import a tractor to the US??

/ New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..? #8  
Since I've been on TBN, I'm amazed nearly every day by the contrast between what I know and what the rest of the world knows as normal. I definitely agree with the European market, UK etc. They have some serious kit. I guess with more arable/livestock farming etc they just demand more versatility (plus have healthy agricultural subsidies). By contrast, the north American tractors seem quite spartan and spacious, and very thirsty!!
I think importing would be cheaper than you'd imagine, however. I spend a lot of time on TFF which is a UK farming forum, and they import gear from the US quite cheaply.

/ New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..? #9  
Since I've been on TBN, I'm amazed nearly every day by the contrast between what I know and what the rest of the world knows as normal. I definitely agree with the European market, UK etc. They have some serious kit. I guess with more arable/livestock farming etc they just demand more versatility (plus have healthy agricultural subsidies). By contrast, the north American tractors seem quite spartan and spacious, and very thirsty!!
I think importing would be cheaper than you'd imagine, however. I spend a lot of time on TFF which is a UK farming forum, and many peoe import gear from the US quite cheaply. Just be prepared, they won't have any idea what SSQA is.. that is another noticeable difference around the world, standard equipment is often a lot different for the US market.
A lot of the European customers demand a good on-road tractor, so a 30mph box is commonplace. Front axle suspension, front pto and 3pt.. the list goes on and on.
Here only our contracting companies have really flash toys.

Last edited:
   / New Deere lineup changes? 5000R..? #10  
Asked my dealer. He said it is supposed to take the place of the smaller 6 series....whatever that means?

Brett