Buying Advice 430 Front End Holder Brackets

/ 430 Front End Holder Brackets #1  

DonaldTwo

I have a 4410 with a 430 front end loader. The holder brackets AW28606 and AW28607 are made of cast steel. They keep breaking off on the ears were they attach to the bucket. Does anyone know where I can purchase a set made of carbon steel that are welded or machined? Thanks for any help you can give me.

/ 430 Front End Holder Brackets #2  
What is causing them to break? Where are they breaking? Can you post a picture?
The original holders where made from plates welded together like this picture, and that is what JDParts shows for the part numbers you gave:
IMG_0830.jpg

430.gif

7 AW28607 Holder
10 AW28606 Holder

The first gen "cast" holders (made in China) as I recall showed up on the 300/400 X/CX loaders did have some breaking issues around the holes, but where quickly updated with extra webbing to correct that issue and I haven't heard of any breaking in many years.

/ 430 Front End Holder Brackets
I am not sure what is causing them to break. They are breaking on what I call the ears or lugs. Where the hole is that connects to the bucket. They are breaking in the area between the hole and holder/bracket body. I don't have pictures with me but they look very similar to the one you posted. Mine are made of cast steel. I called the local john deere dealer and said the OEM he can get me are cast steel also. I would like to find carbon steel welded if at all possible.

/ 430 Front End Holder Brackets #4  
The fabricated ones, or "carbon steel" are not available just as your dealer said, and they haven't been for many many years. These breaking is not a normal occurrence since they were updated with the extra webbing so there must be some reason you are having troubles, is this happening with the bucket on or some other attachment?

How many have you broken?

/ 430 Front End Holder Brackets #5  
I am not sure what is causing them to break.

I have 430 loader and haven't had that problem. There would be a lot of pressure on that spot if you are doing something like putting the bucket's cutting edge down vertically then lifting the front of the tractor off the ground. Doing that while moving the tractor in reverse would put a tremendous amount of pressure on the FEL.

/ 430 Front End Holder Brackets
With the bucket. I only have a bucket. The first break came with the bucket was utilized to pull backward on a tree. I have broken each side twice. I have not replaced any just welded the break up. 100% penetration beveled on both sides.

/ 430 Front End Holder Brackets #7  
OK it sounds like you have the original cast version before the updates, then you are welding cast material that keeps breaking.

I can only suggest getting the new updated parts and start fresh. If pulling from hooks on top of the bucket, then the bottom of the bucket should be forced against the cast parts and the pressure well distributed. If you are back-dragging or somehow pulling low then you can "pull" the bucket away from the cast parts and then there is huge forces place on the pin and where the pins touch.

430.gif

7 W47351 Holder LH
10 W47350 Holder RH

Here are two threads I found for you that address these 1st gen holders, unfortunately some pics are missing since the post's are so old:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/67861-photos-broken-bucket-holder-400x.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ing/66389-broken-bucket-tab-300cx-loader.html