A newer 2038r thread

/ A newer 2038r thread
I have been looking at the new '17 2032R, well actually have one on order. I was looking at the new 3 series, but it was a little big for me as well. The couple extra HP for the 2038, not really worth it to me, even for PTO attachments. If you do get it, get the heavy duty bucket, I think you will appreciate it in the end. I have a '11 2025 and I have just about wore the bucket out.

I am curious why you opted for a 60" deck opposed to the 72".?.? I've yet to finalize the order, my debate is between the MMM and just going with a RFM... I think i get the benefits of both an neither one is screaming to me as the absolute solution. I do intend to do some mowing, somewhat frequently on my trails. I have a riding mower that can get close to the house and whatnot but I really like the idea of half as many passes in the open area of my "yard" with the 2038r. The riding mower can do some trail mowing, but honestly, if i intend to keep that thing running i need to keep it off the trails! I feel like i'm pretty vulnerable out there on that thing, seems pretty delicate for trails! I priced and the MMM being it's probably the most expensive option, as to back track away from it the total just goes down...

/ A newer 2038r thread #12  
I am curious why you opted for a 60" deck opposed to the 72".?.? I've yet to finalize the order, my debate is between the MMM and just going with a RFM... I think i get the benefits of both an neither one is screaming to me as the absolute solution. I do intend to do some mowing, somewhat frequently on my trails. I have a riding mower that can get close to the house and whatnot but I really like the idea of half as many passes in the open area of my "yard" with the 2038r. The riding mower can do some trail mowing, but honestly, if i intend to keep that thing running i need to keep it off the trails! I feel like i'm pretty vulnerable out there on that thing, seems pretty delicate for trails! I priced and the MMM being it's probably the most expensive option, as to back track away from it the total just goes down...

Well, the 60" VS 72", have you seen a 72" under a 2032R or 2038R? The 72" sticks out a lot! For me, it is too wide for my property (in places) and scalping would be problematic. I currently have a 62" deck presently on my 2025, it does what I need very well. To me, 60" vs. 62" not much of a difference. It really just depends on how many narrow spots you have. I have several and many difficult compromising positions that puts a larger deck in my case in precarious situations.

/ A newer 2038r thread #13  

How did you know I went with the 60" deck option? LOL

/ A newer 2038r thread #14  
If the specs on the JD site is accurate, $2k for 6 more HP, doesn't seem worth it. 6 more HP wouldn't make that much of a difference in PTO power. Just my opinion though...

/ A newer 2038r thread
If the specs on the JD site is accurate, $2k for 6 more HP, doesn't seem worth it. 6 more HP wouldn't make that much of a difference in PTO power. Just my opinion though...

I have access to 6ft implements that are not in my purchase. I was told by the dealer that as long as they are under the 3pt lift weight requirements I should have no issue running them. Example, 72" tiller. I really do not want to own one of these but have a neighbor that will let me borrow. The 6' rotary cutter would be hard to get by with on a 32r as well. That extra 6hp as quoted so far isn't a 2k increase either... Either way, what I gain in my abilities to borrow for specific needs allows me to save on storage, more implement flexibility and more padding for higher demands.

/ A newer 2038r thread #18  

The pto horsepower of 2032r verses 2038r is a little more than 6 hp The jump is from 23.5 to 30.4 hp. That is more than a 29% increase, which is a huge difference.

I'm not saying it's worth $2k but it is something to consider.

/ A newer 2038r thread #19  
Suilenroc,

I too have been very interested in getting a 2038r. This would be a huge step up from my current JD2305 which I love but have outgrown. Regarding the RFM. I presently mow my yard with a RFM and though it cuts well, it is a pain to maneuver. I am thinking about the 2038 in part to get back to a MMM with a drive-over deck. You stated that you have trails to mow. I have about 10 acres and a couple thousand feet in trails. My absolute hands down favorite implement for mowing trails is a flail mower and I have my eye on a Woodmaxx 6 foot flail mower with a hydraulic offset. I don't know how this type of mower would fit into your overall budget, but the flail mower is amazing. it cuts through rough material but leaves a finish-like mower cut.

At any rate, One reason I am replying is that if you do go this route, I would love to see some up-close pictures. My local dealer does not have a 2038r in stock and I am particularly interested in the right-hand control area. I would really love to see how the 3pt control and the loader controls are situated. Online pictures look pretty good, but none that I have found show this area with any close-up details.

Good luck on your decision, and if you do go the 2038r route, please let us know how it looks/feels. I would love to get some feedback before I take the plunge myself.

Thanks in advance,
SI2305

JD2305, loader, 4' bush hog, 5' RFM, 5' grader blade, 4' flail mower, 4' box blade

/ A newer 2038r thread #20  
I would love to see some up-close pictures. My local dealer does not have a 2038r in stock and I am particularly interested in the right-hand control area.

Does this help?

IMG_1663.JPG