And now for the inside scoop on the 4720...

/ And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #2  
The changes seem almost transparent Mike /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #3  
I figured that based on the picture, 4720's can fly where the 4710's didn't so much fly, as plumet.
Cliff

/ And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #4  
OK - you got me with that headline.... very funny /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #5  
Just dreaming here, but, John Deere patent 6715579 might be what it is. See attachments for details.

Details from patent:

FIELD OF THE INVENTION

The present invention is directed to an articulated frame work vehicle wherein the steering articulation is used to pivot a work implement relative to one frame segment that is mounted on the other frame segment.

BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION

Work vehicles for performing a work operation can be generally divided into rigid frame work vehicles and articulated frame work vehicles. Rigid frame work vehicles typically have a steerable axle that pivots in relation to the vehicle frame to steer the vehicle. Tracked vehicles are typically rigid frame work vehicles that are steered by driving the tracks at different speeds. Articulated frame work vehicles typically include two frame segments that are pivotally coupled to one another about a vertical pivot. Each frame segment is provided with ground engaging wheels and/or tracks for supporting the respective frame segment.

A backhoe loader is a work vehicle having a loader mounted to the front of the vehicle and a backhoe mounted to the rear of the vehicle. The loader comprises two loader arms that are pivotally coupled to the vehicle and a loader bucket that is pivotally coupled to the loader arms. The backhoe comprises a swing frame that is pivotally mounted to the vehicle, a boom that is pivotally mounted to the swing frame, a dipperstick that is pivotally coupled to the boom, and a bucket that is mounted to a tool coupler on the dipperstick. Stabilizer arms extend from the frame of the vehicle to stabilize the frame of the vehicle during a backhoe operation. Backhoe loaders can be rigid frame or articulated machines.

SUMMARY

A work vehicle for performing a work operation comprises an articulated frame having a first frame segment and a second frame segment that are pivotally coupled to one another by a vertical pivot. An actuator is coupled to the frame segments for articulating the segments relative to one another to steer the vehicle. Each frame segment is provided with ground engaging wheels which support the respective frame segment. A work implement in the form of a backhoe is mounted to the second frame segment. A second work implement in the form of a loader may be mounted to the first frame segment. A stabilizer comprising two stabilizer arms is mounted to the first frame segment. The stabilizer arms have a work position and a transport position. In its work position the stabilizer arms are lowered and the ground engaging wheels of the second frame segment are lifted off the ground. The actuator for steering the vehicle can then be used to pivot the backhoe about a vertical axis defined by the vertical pivot. In the transport position the stabilizer arms are lifted out of the way. The ground engaging wheels of the second frame segment are smaller than the ground engaging wheels of the first frame segment.

Attachments

• 426279-patent.jpg
    426279-patent.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 406
   / And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #6  
More details on patent 6715579.

Attachments

• 426280-patent2.jpg
    426280-patent2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 407
   / And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #7  
More details on patent 6715579..

Attachments

• 426283-patent3.jpg
    426283-patent3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 373
   / And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #8  
More details on patent 6715579...

Attachments

• 426284-patent4.jpg
    426284-patent4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 359
   / And now for the inside scoop on the 4720...
/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ And now for the inside scoop on the 4720... #10  
Well,
If those are truly drawings of a 4720, then I don't like it. Of course my new 4710 might be delivered in a couple days, but that has nothing to do with it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I stopped by my dealership yesterday morning to "visit" my new tractor and talk to the salesman. The tractor is ready, they're still waiting for the MX-6 and then I can set up delivery.
The salesman said he would be in Ohio today for a JD briefing on the 4720. He still doesn't know (admit) any details, but he seems to think availability won't be 'till late this year!

I told him to bring back pictures. I'm mildly curious.

Kevin
My search is over, but I'm still waiting.
and waiting
and waiting
and waiting
and waiting...............