JD 3039r questions

/ JD 3039r questions #1  

MikeF

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3039R cab
I am looking at a new 3039r cab and have a few questions for those that may have some input. first the R4 tires, JD offers two types of R4's other than the ply rating what is the difference (the lighter ply tire looks to me to maybe be more rounded on the edges which may tear up turf less ) secondly the rear remote is electronic does anyone have a 3r cab with both the electronic one and a leaver operated one for feathering an attachment ?

thanks for the input

Mike

/ JD 3039r questions #2  
I have a 3039r without the cab. I didn't know there were two kinds of R4s. I have one of them, but thought they were the only ones. I have a rear remote and it is electronic. So far, I have only used it for my grapple bucket. Works just fine in that role.

Wish I could be of more hope, but I am curious about what comes up with respect to the tires.

/ JD 3039r questions
the R4's option looks like this and are two different ply's and tread patterns. here is what is on JS's build yur own site.

Attachments

• IMG_3291.JPG
    IMG_3291.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 211
   / JD 3039r questions #4  
Yeah, I saw that too but it didn't make any sense for me. If 6PR and 4PR refer to the number of plies in the tire, then why do the 6PR give you a bigger price deduction (-$92 notice the negative sign) than the 4PR (-$70)? I can't compute how the two sizes listed compare because they don't seem to be using the same types of measurements. I found the build your own website to be very unhelpful for the most part.

I will say that the one thing I would strongly reconsider about my tractor is going with ag tires instead of any R4 of any flavor. They certainly don't have the traction that my old, worn 8N tires had.

/ JD 3039r questions #5  
Yeah, I saw that too but it didn't make any sense for me. If 6PR and 4PR refer to the number of plies in the tire, then why do the 6PR give you a bigger price deduction (-$92 notice the negative sign) than the 4PR (-$70)? I can't compute how the two sizes listed compare because they don't seem to be using the same types of measurements. I found the build your own website to be very unhelpful for the most part.

I will say that the one thing I would strongly reconsider about my tractor is going with ag tires instead of any R4 of any flavor. They certainly don't have the traction that my old, worn 8N tires had.

The 4 ply tire is 3" taller than the 6 ply tire.

http://www.titanstore.com/search/51/0

/ JD 3039r questions #7  
That's interesting. Maybe the front tires are different size?? How else would it not bind up real bad when in 4wd?

It beats me, I googled specs for the two tire sizes and the Titan web site looked interesting so I posted it.

/ JD 3039r questions
thanks for the feedback. the 4 ply are taller seems to be the major difference. i looked at the dealer yesterday and they appear slightly more rounded on the edges as well so maybe wont cut turf as easily.

/ JD 3039r questions #9  
That's interesting. Maybe the front tires are different size?? How else would it not bind up real bad when in 4wd?

Here is a a basic explanation of MFWD tire sizing related to 5075M, 5085M, 5100M and 5115M tractors

OMSU41643
Scan down to Section 85 - Wheels, Tires and Treads
Read Correct Tire Selection explanation